Starbucks to Make Changes to Reward Redemptions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starbucks is once again making changes to its rewards program. After devaluing the program back in 2016 when it moved to a revenue model, much like the airlines, the company has continued to make changes to the program.
The latest rumored change revolves around devaluing reward redemptions. The new reward tiers will be as follows:
- 25 Stars: Drink modifications such as an extra shot, up to $1
- 50 Stars: Any size coffee, tea or a bakery item
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted beverages or breakfast sandwich (previously 125 stars)
- 200 Stars: Lunch sandwiches, salads or protein boxes
- 400 Stars: Packaged coffee or a single merchandise item up to $20
So if you have been saving up those stars, best to take advantage of the current award levels or start stock piling them for when the changes go live. A start date for the new reward levels has not been announced as of yet by Starbucks.
And when you do make those Starbucks purchases, don’t forget to use the right credit card. No matter what credit card (or gift card) you use to pay for Starbucks, if you load that money into your Starbucks app, you currently earn 2 Starbucks Stars per dollar when pay for Starbucks menu items.
H/T: View From the Wing
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees