Starbucks to Make Changes to Reward Redemptions
Starbucks is once again making changes to its rewards program. After devaluing the program back in 2016 when it moved to a revenue model, much like the airlines, the company has continued to make changes to the program.
The latest rumored change revolves around devaluing reward redemptions. The new reward tiers will be as follows:
- 25 Stars: Drink modifications such as an extra shot, up to $1
- 50 Stars: Any size coffee, tea or a bakery item
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted beverages or breakfast sandwich (previously 125 stars)
- 200 Stars: Lunch sandwiches, salads or protein boxes
- 400 Stars: Packaged coffee or a single merchandise item up to $20
So if you have been saving up those stars, best to take advantage of the current award levels or start stock piling them for when the changes go live. A start date for the new reward levels has not been announced as of yet by Starbucks.
And when you do make those Starbucks purchases, don't forget to use the right credit card. No matter what credit card (or gift card) you use to pay for Starbucks, if you load that money into your Starbucks app, you currently earn 2 Starbucks Stars per dollar when pay for Starbucks menu items.
H/T: View From the Wing