Starbucks to Make Changes to Reward Redemptions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starbucks is once again making changes to its rewards program. After devaluing the program back in 2016 when it moved to a revenue model, much like the airlines, the company has continued to make changes to the program.
The latest rumored change revolves around devaluing reward redemptions. The new reward tiers will be as follows:
- 25 Stars: Drink modifications such as an extra shot, up to $1
- 50 Stars: Any size coffee, tea or a bakery item
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted beverages or breakfast sandwich (previously 125 stars)
- 200 Stars: Lunch sandwiches, salads or protein boxes
- 400 Stars: Packaged coffee or a single merchandise item up to $20
So if you have been saving up those stars, best to take advantage of the current award levels or start stock piling them for when the changes go live. A start date for the new reward levels has not been announced as of yet by Starbucks.
And when you do make those Starbucks purchases, don’t forget to use the right credit card. No matter what credit card (or gift card) you use to pay for Starbucks, if you load that money into your Starbucks app, you currently earn 2 Starbucks Stars per dollar when pay for Starbucks menu items.
H/T: View From the Wing
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.