This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starbucks is once again making changes to its rewards program. After devaluing the program back in 2016 when it moved to a revenue model, much like the airlines, the company has continued to make changes to the program.
The latest rumored change revolves around devaluing reward redemptions. The new reward tiers will be as follows:
- 25 Stars: Drink modifications such as an extra shot, up to $1
- 50 Stars: Any size coffee, tea or a bakery item
- 150 Stars: Handcrafted beverages or breakfast sandwich (previously 125 stars)
- 200 Stars: Lunch sandwiches, salads or protein boxes
- 400 Stars: Packaged coffee or a single merchandise item up to $20
So if you have been saving up those stars, best to take advantage of the current award levels or start stock piling them for when the changes go live. A start date for the new reward levels has not been announced as of yet by Starbucks.
And when you do make those Starbucks purchases, don’t forget to use the right credit card. No matter what credit card (or gift card) you use to pay for Starbucks, if you load that money into your Starbucks app, you currently earn 2 Starbucks Stars per dollar when pay for Starbucks menu items.
H/T: View From the Wing
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees