Win Free Starbucks for 10 Years and More in the Coffee Shop’s New Game
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Starbucks fanatics could have their coffee addiction taken care of for the next decade. The coffee chain recently launched the “Summer Game Boardwalk” for Starbucks Rewards members, where you can win prizes like Starbucks stars, buy-one-get-one coupons and even free drinks for 10 years.
To play, head over to the game’s website and log in with your Starbucks Rewards info.
Once you’re in the game, you’ll spin the wheel, which will move you around the board. Similar to Monopoly, there are different prizes for every square you land on. In the two times I spun the wheel, I earned one card (out of three) toward free drinks for five years and another “souvenir,” which is essentially worthless.
You can earn a total of three spins per day with just two purchases. Earn your first spin by making a purchase at Starbucks (excluding alcoholic beverages, Starbucks Card and Starbucks Card reloads) before 2:00pm with a Starbucks card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account or a registered digital Starbucks card on your Starbucks mobile app for payment. You can earn two more entries by making a purchase after 2:00pm via the same method. If you’ve made eligible purchases since the promotion started on August 7, you’ll see those spins already loaded in your account.
If you’re not a Starbucks Rewards member, you can play a “mini game” for the chance to win free drinks for a month and other, smaller prizes. The promotion ends September 10, so you’ll have plenty of time to try your luck at the game.
Starbucks Rewards members earn stars for each purchase made at the store. Those stars can be used toward free drinks and food. Back in February, Chase launched the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, a card that earns Starbuck stars on non-Starbucks purchases. However, you’ll be much better off if you use a card that earns rewards on dining like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card for purchases at the coffee shop. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.