Grab a Starbucks before your next Alaska flight and board ‘a latte’ earlier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s official! Starbucks reusable red cups are back, and you might want to get your hands on one (if you’re the type that’s into pumpkin-mocha-peppermint-Frappuccino-cold-brews or any other holiday concoction, that is).
Save all season with a reusable Starbucks red cup
Here’s the deal: If you buy a Starbucks holiday beverage today (Nov. 7), you’ll also receive a reusable cup featuring the words “Merry Coffee” on it. If history is any indication, supplies won’t last long, so you’ll want to grab your drink of choice first thing in the morning.
That red cup will then score you 50 cents off a grande holiday beverage in the U.S. and Canada through Jan. 6, any time after 2 p.m. Holiday beverages include hot chocolate, peppermint hot chocolate, peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice latte and gingerbread latte (Canada only on that last one, sorry to all the rest of us in the US of A).
Board Alaska Airlines early with a Starbucks holiday cup
But wait, there’s more!
Alaska Airlines is getting into the festive mood too, and from Nov. 7 to Nov. 10, travelers holding a holiday Starbucks cup can board their Alaska flight early. How’s that for a good excuse to grab some coffee before your next flight?
Technically, early boarding doesn’t mean the first to board, but it will still get you on after Group B, before everyone else sitting in the back. Better yet, the early boarding promotion isn’t limited to travelers who snagged a coveted reusable Starbucks holiday cup, because a standard single-use Starbucks holiday cup also does the trick. (But if you have the reusable cup, now’s your chance to show it off.)
Alaska Airlines has partnered with Starbucks for years, and famously serves Starbucks coffee onboard. The airline also has a track record of doing fun campaigns and promotions for the holiday season, such as last year’s ugly sweater offer.
Whether you just want a free reusable Starbucks red cup, hope to save on afternoon holiday drinks throughout the season or just need a way to board your next Alaska Airlines flight a little earlier, the red cups are coming.
Oh, and be sure to grab the best credit card for Starbucks purchases while you’re at it — the most rewarding card for your next peppermint latte may be a bit of a holiday surprise.
Featured image courtesy of Starbucks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees