Grab a Starbucks before your next Alaska flight and board ‘a latte’ earlier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s official! Starbucks reusable red cups are back, and you might want to get your hands on one (if you’re the type that’s into pumpkin-mocha-peppermint-Frappuccino-cold-brews or any other holiday concoction, that is).
Save all season with a reusable Starbucks red cup
Here’s the deal: If you buy a Starbucks holiday beverage today (Nov. 7), you’ll also receive a reusable cup featuring the words “Merry Coffee” on it. If history is any indication, supplies won’t last long, so you’ll want to grab your drink of choice first thing in the morning.
That red cup will then score you 50 cents off a grande holiday beverage in the U.S. and Canada through Jan. 6, any time after 2 p.m. Holiday beverages include hot chocolate, peppermint hot chocolate, peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice latte and gingerbread latte (Canada only on that last one, sorry to all the rest of us in the US of A).
Board Alaska Airlines early with a Starbucks holiday cup
But wait, there’s more!
Alaska Airlines is getting into the festive mood too, and from Nov. 7 to Nov. 10, travelers holding a holiday Starbucks cup can board their Alaska flight early. How’s that for a good excuse to grab some coffee before your next flight?
Technically, early boarding doesn’t mean the first to board, but it will still get you on after Group B, before everyone else sitting in the back. Better yet, the early boarding promotion isn’t limited to travelers who snagged a coveted reusable Starbucks holiday cup, because a standard single-use Starbucks holiday cup also does the trick. (But if you have the reusable cup, now’s your chance to show it off.)
Alaska Airlines has partnered with Starbucks for years, and famously serves Starbucks coffee onboard. The airline also has a track record of doing fun campaigns and promotions for the holiday season, such as last year’s ugly sweater offer.
Whether you just want a free reusable Starbucks red cup, hope to save on afternoon holiday drinks throughout the season or just need a way to board your next Alaska Airlines flight a little earlier, the red cups are coming.
Oh, and be sure to grab the best credit card for Starbucks purchases while you’re at it — the most rewarding card for your next peppermint latte may be a bit of a holiday surprise.
Featured image courtesy of Starbucks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.