Stack Mandarin Oriental Amex Offer and Fine Hotels and Resorts for Savings and Benefits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s a chance to stack two great American Express benefits for your next stay at one of the best luxury hotel brands in the world. We’re seeing an Amex Offer for $100 back after spending $500 or more at Mandarin Oriental Hotels in the United States.
While that’s a solid offer by itself, those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Amex Centurion card can take advantage of Amex’s Fine Hotel and Resort program (FHR) that gives exclusive benefits and Mandarin Oriental prosperities around the world.
There are four Mandarin Oriental Hotels in the US, and they all are bookable through Amex FHR. After looking at the four properties in Boston, Washington DC, New York City and Miami it appears that FHR guests receive benefits like a room upgrade upon arrival, daily breakfast for two, guaranteed late check-out, free Wi-Fi and a unique property amenity, which is usually a $100 food and dining credit. Unfortunately this deal won’t work at other international properties, like the soon to reopen London location which recently underwent an extensive renovation.
It’s important to note that you do not want to prepay for your stay through Amex FHR if you have the Amex Offer since transaction will code as an Amex Travel purchase. Prepaying was recently implemented as an option through the Amex Travel website and gives you 5x Membership Rewards points on when choosing that route. If you’d rather earn Membership Rewards, your break-even point vs the Amex Offer would require to book a stay for at least $1,000 — earning you 5,000 Membership Rewards points which TPG values at $100. By paying at the hotel and charging more than $500 with your eligible credit card, you’ll trigger the deal to get $100 back.
If you don’t have a Platinum card, you can also book through Fans of MO, Mandarin Oriental’s new loyalty program. It offers some of the same benefits as FHR like late checkout, free breakfast and early check-in, but you can only choose two of the perks to enjoy. With FHR you’ll get all of them.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make a qualifying transaction by May 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Both TPG Executive News Director Scott Mayerowitz and myself received the offer, which appeared on the The Platinum® Card from American Express.
Featured image courtesy of the Mandarin Oriental New York.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.