Stack Mandarin Oriental Amex Offer and Fine Hotels and Resorts for Savings and Benefits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s a chance to stack two great American Express benefits for your next stay at one of the best luxury hotel brands in the world. We’re seeing an Amex Offer for $100 back after spending $500 or more at Mandarin Oriental Hotels in the United States.
While that’s a solid offer by itself, those with The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Amex Centurion card can take advantage of Amex’s Fine Hotel and Resort program (FHR) that gives exclusive benefits and Mandarin Oriental prosperities around the world.
There are four Mandarin Oriental Hotels in the US, and they all are bookable through Amex FHR. After looking at the four properties in Boston, Washington DC, New York City and Miami it appears that FHR guests receive benefits like a room upgrade upon arrival, daily breakfast for two, guaranteed late check-out, free Wi-Fi and a unique property amenity, which is usually a $100 food and dining credit. Unfortunately this deal won’t work at other international properties, like the soon to reopen London location which recently underwent an extensive renovation.
It’s important to note that you do not want to prepay for your stay through Amex FHR if you have the Amex Offer since transaction will code as an Amex Travel purchase. Prepaying was recently implemented as an option through the Amex Travel website and gives you 5x Membership Rewards points on when choosing that route. If you’d rather earn Membership Rewards, your break-even point vs the Amex Offer would require to book a stay for at least $1,000 — earning you 5,000 Membership Rewards points which TPG values at $100. By paying at the hotel and charging more than $500 with your eligible credit card, you’ll trigger the deal to get $100 back.
If you don’t have a Platinum card, you can also book through Fans of MO, Mandarin Oriental’s new loyalty program. It offers some of the same benefits as FHR like late checkout, free breakfast and early check-in, but you can only choose two of the perks to enjoy. With FHR you’ll get all of them.
Like other Amex Offers, this one is targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and make a qualifying transaction by May 30. We’ve seen a few other solid Amex Offers recently, like a $40 statement credit after spending $200 at Marriott Hotels or a slew of deals to save on Hilton stays.
To add the offer to your card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Both TPG Executive News Director Scott Mayerowitz and myself received the offer, which appeared on the The Platinum® Card from American Express.
Featured image courtesy of the Mandarin Oriental New York.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees