This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest drawbacks of staying at Mandarin Oriental properties has been its lack of a loyalty program. For frequent travelers, the ability to earn status and perks with a chain is a huge benefit. Now, Mandarin Oriental has an answer — a loyalty program it’s calling Fans of MO.
The program, which is now available to sign up for, doesn’t involve tiers of membership or points earning. Instead, all members will get complimentary Wi-Fi, a welcome amenity, personalized stay options and members-only offers just for signing up. In addition, when you’re a Fans of MO member who books online, you’ll be able to select two additional privileges from a total of eight options:
The exact perks you’ll have access to will vary based on the property you’re staying at and the dates of your stay. However, just for being a Fans of MO member and booking online, the benefit choices could surely prove to be very valuable. If you sign up to be a Fans of MO member and attempt to make a booking online, you should see a variety of benefits as choices. For example, on a sample search I ran of the Mandarin Oriental New York, I had seven options with the ability to select two.
As One Mile at a Time notes, the FAQ section of the Fans of MO site reads that “there is currently no fee to join,” meaning it could be possible that the chain adds a fee to enroll in the future. In addition, currently the Pink Sands Club and Hotel Santiago are not participating in the loyalty program, and for all eligible properties, you can only choose benefits for up to two rooms per stay.
Although the Fans os MO program doesn’t offer any status or points at this time, the perks make it worth signing up for. Plus, the program is completely free to sign up for, and all you have to do is book online in order to get a range of benefits, from a dining or spa credit to daily breakfast. If you’re considering a Mandarin Oriental stay in the future, the Fans of MO program is one you’ll want to sign up for before booking.
Featured image by Mandarin Oriental.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees