This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest drawbacks of staying at Mandarin Oriental properties has been its lack of a loyalty program. For frequent travelers, the ability to earn status and perks with a chain is a huge benefit. Now, Mandarin Oriental has an answer — a loyalty program it’s calling Fans of MO.
The program, which is now available to sign up for, doesn’t involve tiers of membership or points earning. Instead, all members will get complimentary Wi-Fi, a welcome amenity, personalized stay options and members-only offers just for signing up. In addition, when you’re a Fans of MO member who books online, you’ll be able to select two additional privileges from a total of eight options:
The exact perks you’ll have access to will vary based on the property you’re staying at and the dates of your stay. However, just for being a Fans of MO member and booking online, the benefit choices could surely prove to be very valuable. If you sign up to be a Fans of MO member and attempt to make a booking online, you should see a variety of benefits as choices. For example, on a sample search I ran of the Mandarin Oriental New York, I had seven options with the ability to select two.
As One Mile at a Time notes, the FAQ section of the Fans of MO site reads that “there is currently no fee to join,” meaning it could be possible that the chain adds a fee to enroll in the future. In addition, currently the Pink Sands Club and Hotel Santiago are not participating in the loyalty program, and for all eligible properties, you can only choose benefits for up to two rooms per stay.
Although the Fans os MO program doesn’t offer any status or points at this time, the perks make it worth signing up for. Plus, the program is completely free to sign up for, and all you have to do is book online in order to get a range of benefits, from a dining or spa credit to daily breakfast. If you’re considering a Mandarin Oriental stay in the future, the Fans of MO program is one you’ll want to sign up for before booking.
Featured image by Mandarin Oriental.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards