Mandarin Oriental Launches New Loyalty Program, ‘Fans of MO’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the biggest drawbacks of staying at Mandarin Oriental properties has been its lack of a loyalty program. For frequent travelers, the ability to earn status and perks with a chain is a huge benefit. Now, Mandarin Oriental has an answer — a loyalty program it’s calling Fans of MO.
The program, which is now available to sign up for, doesn’t involve tiers of membership or points earning. Instead, all members will get complimentary Wi-Fi, a welcome amenity, personalized stay options and members-only offers just for signing up. In addition, when you’re a Fans of MO member who books online, you’ll be able to select two additional privileges from a total of eight options:
The exact perks you’ll have access to will vary based on the property you’re staying at and the dates of your stay. However, just for being a Fans of MO member and booking online, the benefit choices could surely prove to be very valuable. If you sign up to be a Fans of MO member and attempt to make a booking online, you should see a variety of benefits as choices. For example, on a sample search I ran of the Mandarin Oriental New York, I had seven options with the ability to select two.
As One Mile at a Time notes, the FAQ section of the Fans of MO site reads that “there is currently no fee to join,” meaning it could be possible that the chain adds a fee to enroll in the future. In addition, currently the Pink Sands Club and Hotel Santiago are not participating in the loyalty program, and for all eligible properties, you can only choose benefits for up to two rooms per stay.
Although the Fans os MO program doesn’t offer any status or points at this time, the perks make it worth signing up for. Plus, the program is completely free to sign up for, and all you have to do is book online in order to get a range of benefits, from a dining or spa credit to daily breakfast. If you’re considering a Mandarin Oriental stay in the future, the Fans of MO program is one you’ll want to sign up for before booking.
Featured image by Mandarin Oriental.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees