This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With Singapore Airlines slated to reboot “the world’s longest flight” — a nonstop ride between Newark (EWR) and Singapore (SIN) — on October 11, 2018, the carrier is proactively discounting award redemptions to ensure that seats are filled. Good thing you left some wiggle room in your fall schedule, huh?
The latest KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promotion serves up a handful of alluring mileage deals on some of Singapore Airlines’ most intriguing flights. From now until September 30, 2018, you can redeem your Premium Economy class experience to New York at only the miles required for Economy Saver. In other words, that’s just 40,000 KrisFlyer miles (compared to the usual 70,000) for a one-way Premium Economy ticket on SQ21/SQ22 between EWR and SIN.
If you’re situated on the West Coast, you can enjoy Premium Economy between Singapore (SIN) and San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX) at only the miles required for Economy Saver, and the business-class product at only the miles required for Premium Economy Saver. That’s 65,000 KrisFlyer miles for a one-way business ticket between SFO/LAX and SIN (compared to the usual 88,000 miles), or 38,000 miles in Premium Economy (compared to the usual 65,000 miles).
For New York flyers, your travel must occur between October 11, 2018, and November 30, 2018. For SFO/LAX flyers, your travel must occur between November 1, 2018, and November 30, 2018.
As if that weren’t enough, the promotion also states that Singapore Airlines will offer “a 30% redemption discount on selected destinations across the Singapore Airlines network” when you redeem your KrisFlyer miles online from now till September 30, 2018, for travel from October 1, 2018, through October 31, 2018.
Getting KrisFlyer Miles
Even if you have never flown Singapore Airlines before, it’s relatively easy to amass an impressive stockpile of KrisFlyer miles. The KrisFlyer program partners with all of the major transferable currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards. As a result, you can transfer points from cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express, the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Citi Premier Card directly to Singapore to enable these redemptions.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus / R. Peli.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards