This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you passionate about points and miles? Do you live in a constant state of wanderlust? Can you tell the difference between an A320 and an A321? The Points Guy is looking for you.
TPG is hiring spring interns to join our editorial team. This isn’t your average internship — there will be no running errands or grabbing coffee. Instead, you’ll walk away from the experience with an understanding of how a fast-paced newsroom works, tons of clips and real-world writing chops.
Whether you’re a points and miles enthusiast with a wallet full of credit cards, a true AvGeek who dreams of planes or someone who just loves to travel, we’re looking to fill a number of open internship positions. And, you don’t need to be based in the NYC area to apply — we’re also looking at hiring interns to work remotely.
Editorial interns will monitor travel industry news, research various topics, attend daily edit meetings and write news posts for. Ability to work on tight deadlines with clean copy is required. We’re looking for interns for the paid, 20-40 hours per week (flexible) commitment.
- Ability to work from our NYC office in Manhattan’s Flatiron District or remotely
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and WordPress
- Knowledge of aviation and points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Ability to write quickly and work with a team
- A constant state of wanderlust
- Photography/video skills are appreciated
Time Commitment and Compensation
A minimum of 20 (and up to 40) hours per week is required. There is flexibility with the internship start and end dates. And we pay our interns!
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and three clips to email@example.com.
Looking for Other Opportunities at TPG
TPG is always looking to add experts to our growing editorial team. If you have knowledge of points and miles, credit cards and loyalty programs and think you’d be a good fit as a TPG contributor, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a summary of your points and miles knowledge, applicable clips and your resume.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards