This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you passionate about points and miles? Do you live in a constant state of wanderlust? Can you tell the difference between an A320 and an A321? The Points Guy is looking for you.
TPG is hiring spring interns to join our editorial team. This isn’t your average internship — there will be no running errands or grabbing coffee. Instead, you’ll walk away from the experience with an understanding of how a fast-paced newsroom works, tons of clips and real-world writing chops.
Whether you’re a points and miles enthusiast with a wallet full of credit cards, a true AvGeek who dreams of planes or someone who just loves to travel, we’re looking to fill a number of open internship positions. And, you don’t need to be based in the NYC area to apply — we’re also looking at hiring interns to work remotely.
Editorial interns will monitor travel industry news, research various topics, attend daily edit meetings and write news posts for. Ability to work on tight deadlines with clean copy is required. We’re looking for interns for the paid, 20-40 hours per week (flexible) commitment.
- Ability to work from our NYC office in Manhattan’s Flatiron District or remotely
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and WordPress
- Knowledge of aviation and points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Ability to write quickly and work with a team
- A constant state of wanderlust
- Photography/video skills are appreciated
Time Commitment and Compensation
A minimum of 20 (and up to 40) hours per week is required. There is flexibility with the internship start and end dates. And we pay our interns!
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Other Opportunities at TPG
TPG is always looking to add experts to our growing editorial team. If you have knowledge of points and miles, credit cards and loyalty programs and think you’d be a good fit as a TPG contributor, email email@example.com. Be sure to include a summary of your points and miles knowledge, applicable clips and your resume.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees