Spirit Airlines adds 3 new routes to Cancun
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spirit Airlines is on a roll adding new routes, with plans to connect Cancun with Cleveland, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh next year.
The ultra-low-cost-carrier will fly between Cancun (CUN) and Cleveland (CLE) from Feb. 14, Philadelphia (PHL) from March 1, and Pittsburgh (PIT) from Feb. 13, Spirit said on Wednesday. The Cleveland route will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; the Philadelphia route daily; and the Pittsburgh route on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Spirit flies Airbus A320 family aircraft.
The three new Cancun routes follow similar announcements from Austin (AUS), Nashville (BNA) and San Juan (SJU) in recent days. The additions include three new routes from both Austin and Nashville — including new flights to Cancun — and two new routes from San Juan.
Spirit faces competition on all three of its new Cancun routes. Frontier Airlines serves the Cleveland route; American Airlines and Frontier the Philadelphia route; and Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines the Pittsburgh route, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
The new routes come as Spirit focuses on improving the customer experience. It unveiled new seats in September, and is planning to unveil and aircraft cabin update in November, and a new frequent flier program in the coming months.
Featured image by JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees