This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
LUV just gave its fans something else to love. Southwest rolled out complimentary in-flight messaging earlier this month on select Wi-Fi enabled routes, TPG confirmed with an airline spokesperson on Wednesday.
Customers can check the entertainment portal on board to see if the feature is available on that particular flight, the spokesperson said.
“When available, passengers will see a ‘Free Access’ button instead of a link to payment page on the messaging tab in the WiFi portal. The service is limited to iMessage and WhatsApp, and does not support sending photos.”
In-flight messaging previously cost $2 on board Southwest flights, with the same text-only limitations. Full Wi-Fi capability costs $8 for all-day access, regardless of the number of flights taken that day.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
H/T: View From the Wing
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards