This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines continue to push award sales, with Delta constantly discounting a variety of routes, and American recently expanded its crazy cheap Economy Web Specials.
Today, Singapore has announced a new round of its “Spontaneous Escapes” where its offering 30% off select routes between the US and Singapore.
You can fly from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy (and business on one route) from 45,500 miles one-way or 91,000 miles round-trip.
To take advantage of the sale, you’ll have to book a seat by Dec. 31 for travel from Feb. 1 through Feb. 28, 2019.
Highlights include flights in Singapore’s A350-900 business class to and from Los Angeles for 61,600 miles one-way – that’s reduced from the usual 88,000 miles.
You can also hop on the world’s longest flight in premium economy from 49,000 miles one-way:
To search, head to Singapore’s website and plug in your desired departure cities and dates. The results will come up at the normal mileage rates, but once you click on the award, it will show the discounted price.
Here’s the breakdown of this deal:
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Routes: LAX/SFO/EWR to SIN
Cost: 45,500+ miles each way in premium economy, 61,600 miles each way in business
Purchase By: December 31
Travel Dates: February 1-28, 2019
Booking Link: Directly with KrisFlyer
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy for 45,500 miles + $5.60 one-way:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) in premium economy for 49,000 miles + $5.60 one-way:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) in business for 61,600 miles + $5.60 one-way:
There are other international routes that have discounted economy and business class awards, including flights between Singapore and Hong Kong (HKG), Beijing (PEK), Seoul (ICN) and more. Head to the Spontaneous Escapes sale page to see more.
Even if your Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer balance is zero, you can easily compile a bunch of miles through transfer partners. The KrisFlyer program partners with all of the major transferable currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards — and now Capital One Venture Miles transfer to the program at a 2:1 ratio. As a result, you can transfer points from cards like The Platinum Card from American Express, the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Premier Card and the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card directly to Singapore to enable these redemptions.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees