Silver Airways returns to Jacksonville amid 3-city growth spurt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silver Airways is putting its new ATR turboprops to good use as the coronavirus pandemic grinds on.
The Florida-based regional carrier will return to Jacksonville (JAX) this December after a two-year hiatus. The northern Florida city is the third new destination added by recently by Silver. Its others are both in South Carolina, where flights from Charleston (CHS) and Columbia (CAE) begin in November and December, respectively.
From Jacksonville, Silver will offer twice-weekly service to both Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Tampa (TPA) beginning Dec. 21, the airline said on Tuesday. The airline flies new ATR turboprops as well as Saab 340s.
The three new destinations come as Silver’s schedule remains down compared to last year. In November, the airline will fly roughly 58% of what it flew a year ago with the addition of Charleston, according to Cirium schedule data. That number is due to rise to around 73% of 2019 in December with the addition of Columbia and Jacksonville.
The map expansion comes as Florida continues to see a high number of new COVID-19 infections. The state reported a seven-day moving average of 3,543 new cases on Oct. 26 — up from a low of 2,009 on Oct. 10 — according for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.
Silver has limited frequent flyer partnerships with JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Silver previously ended service to Jacksonville, which it served from Tampa, in November 2018, Cirium shows.
Featured image courtesy of Silver Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees