Silver Airways returns to Jacksonville amid 3-city growth spurt
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silver Airways is putting its new ATR turboprops to good use as the coronavirus pandemic grinds on.
The Florida-based regional carrier will return to Jacksonville (JAX) this December after a two-year hiatus. The northern Florida city is the third new destination added by recently by Silver. Its others are both in South Carolina, where flights from Charleston (CHS) and Columbia (CAE) begin in November and December, respectively.
From Jacksonville, Silver will offer twice-weekly service to both Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Tampa (TPA) beginning Dec. 21, the airline said on Tuesday. The airline flies new ATR turboprops as well as Saab 340s.
The three new destinations come as Silver’s schedule remains down compared to last year. In November, the airline will fly roughly 58% of what it flew a year ago with the addition of Charleston, according to Cirium schedule data. That number is due to rise to around 73% of 2019 in December with the addition of Columbia and Jacksonville.
The map expansion comes as Florida continues to see a high number of new COVID-19 infections. The state reported a seven-day moving average of 3,543 new cases on Oct. 26 — up from a low of 2,009 on Oct. 10 — according for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.
Silver has limited frequent flyer partnerships with JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Silver previously ended service to Jacksonville, which it served from Tampa, in November 2018, Cirium shows.
Featured image courtesy of Silver Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.