Silver Airways expands to another new city in South Carolina, plans 3 routes to Florida
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silver Airways is rapidly expanding its map in the Palmetto State, planning three new routes from the South Carolina capital of Columbia even as the coronavirus pandemic persists.
Beginning Dec. 17, the South Florida-based regional carrier will connect Columbia (CAE) with Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO) and Tampa (TPA), Silver said Tuesday. All three routes will be flown twice-weekly with same-plane service available to Key West (EYW) via Tampa. Silver flies ATR and Saab 340 turboprop aircraft.
Columbia is Silver’s second destination in South Carolina after renewing its plans to add Charleston (CHS) to its map. Flights to the coastal city begin Nov. 22.
The new flights come as the U.S. faces a resurgence in COVID infections. The seven-day moving average of new case has been on an upward trajectory since mid-September, with 60,426 infections reported on Oct. 20, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.
Both Florida and South Carolina are seeing rising case numbers.
However, rising infections have yet to dampen travel as they did during the summer. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screened more than 1 million people on Sunday, Oct. 18 — the first time the count passed the symbolic million-person mark since March.
“Columbia and the surrounding communities comprise a vibrant region bursting with natural beauty, historic significance, countless recreational opportunities, a growing and progressive business community, and the University of South Carolina,” said Silver CEO Steve Rossum in a statement on the new service.
Leisure travel has dominated the U.S. recovery so far. Few expect business flyers to return in significant numbers until next year, at the earliest.
Silver has limited frequent flyer partnerships with JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Featured image courtesy of Silver Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees