Share Your Award Redemption Stories for Our New Weekly Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the past few years, I’ve helped TPG curate the ongoing series of reader success and mistake stories. It’s been a treat to read about your triumphs and blunders, and the feedback we’ve received shows that, for better or worse, the lessons learned in those posts are a great asset to TPG readers. To that end, we’re adding another reader-powered series that will focus on the finer details of award travel, and we’d love to hear from you!
The new Award Redemption of the Week may have some overlap with your success and mistake stories, but there will be a few key distinctions. First, while we love hearing about maximizing credit card benefits and qualifying for elite status, these posts will be tightly focused on how you redeem your points and miles. We want to know things like how you settled on your itinerary, why you chose to book through one loyalty program over another, whether you used tools like ExpertFlyer or SeatGuru to aid your search, and what the whole experience was like from your perspective. In short, we want the full monty.
Second, don’t worry too much about whether the award you booked should be considered “good” or “bad.” The idea isn’t only to showcase redemptions that offer amazing value, but also to provide insight into every facet of the booking process from the planning stage to the final confirmation. We’ll emphasize stories that highlight specific and repeatable strategies, especially those that may be underutilized by the award travel community at large. Whether your tale is one of resounding success, abject failure or something in between, we’ll give praise where it’s due and offer suggestions where another approach might have been more fruitful.
To take part, please email your own award redemption stories to info@e sure to include information about how you earned your rewards, a timeline of when you planned and booked your trip, and details like dates and flight numbers (don’t worry, we won’t share sensitive information publicly). Feel free to include screenshots of your itinerary as needed. Finally, tell us what you learned, and what you hope other readers will take away from your story. If your submission is published, we’ll send you a gift to jump-start your next adventure.
As always, we wish you safe and happy travels, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Feature image by Ellyot via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.