Share Your Award Redemption Stories for Our New Weekly Series
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the past few years, I’ve helped TPG curate the ongoing series of reader success and mistake stories. It’s been a treat to read about your triumphs and blunders, and the feedback we’ve received shows that, for better or worse, the lessons learned in those posts are a great asset to TPG readers. To that end, we’re adding another reader-powered series that will focus on the finer details of award travel, and we’d love to hear from you!
The new Award Redemption of the Week may have some overlap with your success and mistake stories, but there will be a few key distinctions. First, while we love hearing about maximizing credit card benefits and qualifying for elite status, these posts will be tightly focused on how you redeem your points and miles. We want to know things like how you settled on your itinerary, why you chose to book through one loyalty program over another, whether you used tools like ExpertFlyer or SeatGuru to aid your search, and what the whole experience was like from your perspective. In short, we want the full monty.
Second, don’t worry too much about whether the award you booked should be considered “good” or “bad.” The idea isn’t only to showcase redemptions that offer amazing value, but also to provide insight into every facet of the booking process from the planning stage to the final confirmation. We’ll emphasize stories that highlight specific and repeatable strategies, especially those that may be underutilized by the award travel community at large. Whether your tale is one of resounding success, abject failure or something in between, we’ll give praise where it’s due and offer suggestions where another approach might have been more fruitful.
To take part, please email your own award redemption stories to info@e sure to include information about how you earned your rewards, a timeline of when you planned and booked your trip, and details like dates and flight numbers (don’t worry, we won’t share sensitive information publicly). Feel free to include screenshots of your itinerary as needed. Finally, tell us what you learned, and what you hope other readers will take away from your story. If your submission is published, we’ll send you a gift to jump-start your next adventure.
As always, we wish you safe and happy travels, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Feature image by Ellyot via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees