It’s a Pop-Up About Nothing! ‘The Seinfeld Experience’ Launches This Fall in NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s real and it’s spectacular! Fans of the hit 90s TV show Seinfeld can finally get to experience the TV show in all of its glory this fall. ‘The Seinfeld Experience’, as it’s being called, will be a “retail store and immersive exhibit” dedicated to the show in the Gramercy neighborhood in Manhattan.
According to Time Out magazine, the immersive production will include “set re-creations, costumes, memorabilia, props and (best of all) never before seen content.” The exhibit, which is set to open “later this year,” will be open 7 days a week and run through February 2020. Tickets will go on sale in the coming months.
The production is a collaboration between Warner Bros., Consumer Products, and event-planning company Superfly. Similar experiences and tours have been offered in the past, however, these experiences were not sanctioned by Warner Bros. or associated with Seinfeld.
Jerry Seinfeld himself has even commented on The Seinfeld Experience, saying, “Because I am Seinfeld, for a long time I was the only person to actually have the Seinfeld experience. Now, these crazy Superfly people are going to make it so lots of people can interact with our silly 90’s TV show.”
The Seinfeld Experience doesn’t appear to offer a tour component, which means fans will need to explore notable Seinfeld landmarks of the show on their own. While much of the show featured fictional locations, the show references a surprising number of real-life restaurants, stores, and locations in New York City that are still around today.
If you are planning on visiting The Seinfeld Experience and want to explore New York City Seinfeld-style, here’s a list of just a few locations to visit:
- Monk’s Cafe – Tom’s Restaurant – 2880 Broadway
- Jerry’s Apartment – 129 West 81st Street
- The Soup Nazi’s Soup Stand – The Original Soupman – 259A West 55th Street
- Mendy’s – Mendy’s Kosher Delicatessen – 37 West 48th Street @ Rockefeller Center
- Papaya King – Gray’s Papaya – 2090 Broadway
- The Nexus of The Universe – 1st and 1st – 1st Street and 1st Avenue
- J. Peterman Offices – 1325 6th Avenue
If you’re interested in getting in on the action sign up for updates on The Seinfeld Experience. The production begins in Fall 2019 and end in February 2020. Now would also be a good time to start checking award availability for flights to New York City.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by George Lange/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.