It’s a Pop-Up About Nothing! ‘The Seinfeld Experience’ Launches This Fall in NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s real and it’s spectacular! Fans of the hit 90s TV show Seinfeld can finally get to experience the TV show in all of its glory this fall. ‘The Seinfeld Experience’, as it’s being called, will be a “retail store and immersive exhibit” dedicated to the show in the Gramercy neighborhood in Manhattan.
According to Time Out magazine, the immersive production will include “set re-creations, costumes, memorabilia, props and (best of all) never before seen content.” The exhibit, which is set to open “later this year,” will be open 7 days a week and run through February 2020. Tickets will go on sale in the coming months.
The production is a collaboration between Warner Bros., Consumer Products, and event-planning company Superfly. Similar experiences and tours have been offered in the past, however, these experiences were not sanctioned by Warner Bros. or associated with Seinfeld.
Jerry Seinfeld himself has even commented on The Seinfeld Experience, saying, “Because I am Seinfeld, for a long time I was the only person to actually have the Seinfeld experience. Now, these crazy Superfly people are going to make it so lots of people can interact with our silly 90’s TV show.”
The Seinfeld Experience doesn’t appear to offer a tour component, which means fans will need to explore notable Seinfeld landmarks of the show on their own. While much of the show featured fictional locations, the show references a surprising number of real-life restaurants, stores, and locations in New York City that are still around today.
If you are planning on visiting The Seinfeld Experience and want to explore New York City Seinfeld-style, here’s a list of just a few locations to visit:
- Monk’s Cafe – Tom’s Restaurant – 2880 Broadway
- Jerry’s Apartment – 129 West 81st Street
- The Soup Nazi’s Soup Stand – The Original Soupman – 259A West 55th Street
- Mendy’s – Mendy’s Kosher Delicatessen – 37 West 48th Street @ Rockefeller Center
- Papaya King – Gray’s Papaya – 2090 Broadway
- The Nexus of The Universe – 1st and 1st – 1st Street and 1st Avenue
- J. Peterman Offices – 1325 6th Avenue
If you’re interested in getting in on the action sign up for updates on The Seinfeld Experience. The production begins in Fall 2019 and end in February 2020. Now would also be a good time to start checking award availability for flights to New York City.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by George Lange/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees