Higher AA Fares, A New Polaris Lounge at Newark, the Place Where 747s Are Recycled and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Higher oil prices means higher fares on the popular US carrier.
Editor-at-Large Zach Honig reviewed the huge new addition to Newark (EWR).
Take a tour of the facility that takes old 747s to be “reincarnated into other objects.”
The University of Sydney was testing the effects of jet lag and found that one person didn’t stand once in a 17-hour flight.
TPG looked into this unanswered question about President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un’s meet up in Singapore.
Find out what points were devalued this month.
Take a look inside United’s first 737 MAX 9 flight from Houston (IAH).
In Other News. . .
Check out this Reddit post to read about Platinum Plus Visa card rewards.
eMiles Is Closing
“Effective June 15, 2018, eMiles Redemptions will close, so please be sure to log-in and redeem, as unredeemed points will expire on June 29, 2018.”
Wyndham Rewards and La Quinta Returns Unveil 1:1 Point Transfer and Status Match
You can now transfer your Wyndham points to La Quinta and vice versa following Wyndham’s acquisition of La Quinta early this year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees