This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Higher oil prices means higher fares on the popular US carrier.
Editor-at-Large Zach Honig reviewed the huge new addition to Newark (EWR).
Take a tour of the facility that takes old 747s to be “reincarnated into other objects.”
The University of Sydney was testing the effects of jet lag and found that one person didn’t stand once in a 17-hour flight.
TPG looked into this unanswered question about President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un’s meet up in Singapore.
Find out what points were devalued this month.
Take a look inside United’s first 737 MAX 9 flight from Houston (IAH).
In Other News. . .
Check out this Reddit post to read about Platinum Plus Visa card rewards.
eMiles Is Closing
“Effective June 15, 2018, eMiles Redemptions will close, so please be sure to log-in and redeem, as unredeemed points will expire on June 29, 2018.”
Wyndham Rewards and La Quinta Returns Unveil 1:1 Point Transfer and Status Match
You can now transfer your Wyndham points to La Quinta and vice versa following Wyndham’s acquisition of La Quinta early this year.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees