Higher AA Fares, A New Polaris Lounge at Newark, the Place Where 747s Are Recycled and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Higher oil prices means higher fares on the popular US carrier.
Editor-at-Large Zach Honig reviewed the huge new addition to Newark (EWR).
Take a tour of the facility that takes old 747s to be “reincarnated into other objects.”
The University of Sydney was testing the effects of jet lag and found that one person didn’t stand once in a 17-hour flight.
TPG looked into this unanswered question about President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un’s meet up in Singapore.
Find out what points were devalued this month.
Take a look inside United’s first 737 MAX 9 flight from Houston (IAH).
In Other News. . .
Check out this Reddit post to read about Platinum Plus Visa card rewards.
eMiles Is Closing
“Effective June 15, 2018, eMiles Redemptions will close, so please be sure to log-in and redeem, as unredeemed points will expire on June 29, 2018.”
Wyndham Rewards and La Quinta Returns Unveil 1:1 Point Transfer and Status Match
You can now transfer your Wyndham points to La Quinta and vice versa following Wyndham’s acquisition of La Quinta early this year.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.