Save your Bonvoy points: The Ritz-Carlton is coming to Turks and Caicos in July
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with new information. It was originally published on Jan. 29, 2021.
Ritz-Carlton is adding to its portfolio of resorts in the Caribbean.
And, as reported by One Mile at a Time on Tuesday, rooms are now bookable at this all-new luxury property in the Caribbean as of July 2, 2021.
Cash rates in the resort’s first month of operation hover just above the $600 mark but can be had for as low as about $560 in the less-popular summer months. Predictably, rates jump significantly as the weather starts turning colder in the north and skyrocket to well over $1,000 per night during the winter holiday season.
As a Category 8 hotel in Marriott’s Bonvoy chart, off-peak nights will cost you 70,000 points, standard nights 85,000 and peak nights 100,000 points apiece.
The Ritz-Carlton, Turks and Caicos will be co-located with a Ritz-Carlton Residences development and will feature 155 guest rooms and 27 suites offering guests views of the turquoise waters of Grace Bay Beach below.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
There will also be two swimming pools with private cabanas at both as well as on the beach; a Ritz-Carlton Club Level lounge; several restaurants and bars including a lobby bar, an all-day restaurant that changes transforms from lunch to dinner as the day goes on and BLT Steak New York Restaurant; a full-service spa; a fully equipped gym; a Ritz Kids club; a casino and more.
The Ritz-Carlton, Turks and Caicos will join sister Caribbean resorts in Cancun, Aruba, Grand Cayman, San Juan (this property is still closed for a full renovation after sustaining significant damage from recent hurricanes) and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The opening of this resort is welcome news for anyone who has Marriott Bonvoy points to burn, especially since Turks and Caicos is notorious for having very few points properties — and being very expensive on top of that.
Hyatt has two properties in the islands thanks to its partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World — Point Grace Resort and Spa and Sailrock Resort — but there isn’t much else to speak of in terms of points hotels, until this Ritz-Carlton opens this summer.
This Ritz-Carlton has a lower room count than many of its counterparts in the region, which means there’s a chance it’ll feel more exclusive and luxurious than the other Caribbean Ritz-Carlton resorts.
This represents another major expansion for this luxury brand. Just last week, it shared that it will open its first European ski resort in the Swiss town of Zermatt, though that property won’t open for several years at the earliest. And, at the end of last year, we learned that Ritz-Carlton would plant its flag in the Maldives, one of the world’s most exclusive destinations.
Featured rendering courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees