Don’t leave money on the table: Check your credit card offers and discounts now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest offers. It was originally published on Feb. 4. 2020.
There are many ways to make the most of your everyday spending, from choosing the best credit cards to leveraging bonus categories on different purchases. Many card issuers also offer additional bonuses and discounts through programs such as Chase Offers and American Airlines’ SimplyMiles. I was recently reminded just how important it is to regularly check these sites.
Want more tips and tricks delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the TPG newsletter!
Meal planning in my house has always been a source of frustration: finding recipes everyone will like, checking our ingredients, coordinating the grocery list, etc. As a result, we’ve used a number of different meal delivery services over the years. Our current site du jour is Sun Basket, which offers interesting meals, clean ingredients, organic produce and recyclable shipping materials. We receive three meals a week with all of the ingredients we need, portioned into exact quantities for easy preparation.
Before a recent shipment, a simple action that took less than five minutes ended up saving me $50 on these purchases.
As I was drinking my first cup of coffee, I decided to log in to my American Express account to peruse my Amex Offers, something I try to do somewhat regularly. I was thrilled to find the following on my American Express® Gold Card:
I immediately added the offer to the card, then logged into my Sun Basket account and changed my billing information to the Amex Gold. For the next two weeks, I saved $25 each week on my Sun Basket meals — all made possible by simply checking my available Amex Offers. As an added bonus, the purchases ended up posting as restaurant purchases on my Amex Gold, so I also earned 4x on the orders.
Related reading: Amex Gold card review
It’s not always easy to remember to visit these various sites, but my experience today reinforced how important it is to do it. I was already going to purchase my next two Sun Basket shipments, and this offer made them noticeably less expensive. Of course, $50 isn’t going to get me a premium-class flight or a luxury hotel room on its own, but it’s not exactly spare change.
Note that this could be even more lucrative if you’re able to utilize an online shopping portal for these purchases.
To help me remember to check these offers in the future, I have now set up a weekly, recurring calendar reminder, including links to the following programs:
Will this take some time? Of course. However, I will gladly spend 10-15 minutes once a week to ensure that I don’t miss out on future opportunities to earn cash back or bonus miles — especially on purchases I was already going to make.
Don’t miss out on your own chances to earn bonus points, miles or discounts. Log in to check your targeted offers today.
- Current Amex offers with airlines, hotels, cruises
- Current Chase offers with airlines, hotels
- Earn bonus points and miles by double-dipping
Featured photo by Fertnig/Getty Images.
Additional reporting by Madison Blancaflor.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees