‘Record’: United Airlines Says Denver Hub Is Busiest It’s Ever Been
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines says its Denver hub is the busiest it’s ever been.
United’s Denver schedule topped 500 departures for the first-time ever today, hitting that milestone after a flurry of new flights that have been added there during the past two years.
Just since the beginning of 2018, United says it has added 32 new routes from Denver, now the carrier’s third-busiest hub by departures. The new additions include high-profile additions like London Heathrow and Frankfurt as well as smaller domestic markets such as Flagstaff, Arizona, and Santa Rosa, California.
“Denver’s record growth symbolizes the investments we’re making in our people and our company, both in Denver and throughout our network,” United Airlines president Scott Kirby says in a statement. “As we focus on strengthening our mid-continent hubs, our record schedule allows us to provide our customers with a better travel experience by offering more connections and more destinations.”
United said last year that it would make strengthening its hubs a priority, improving scheduling both for local demand and to allow for more connections.
That includes Denver, where United tweaked its schedule earlier this year.
“The updated schedule increased the number of morning flights available to business customers traveling from Denver to the East and West Coasts while improving connectivity to Midwest and mountain region destinations,” United said of the schedule change.
Featured image: Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee