‘Record’: United Airlines Says Denver Hub Is Busiest It’s Ever Been
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines says its Denver hub is the busiest it’s ever been.
United’s Denver schedule topped 500 departures for the first-time ever today, hitting that milestone after a flurry of new flights that have been added there during the past two years.
Just since the beginning of 2018, United says it has added 32 new routes from Denver, now the carrier’s third-busiest hub by departures. The new additions include high-profile additions like London Heathrow and Frankfurt as well as smaller domestic markets such as Flagstaff, Arizona, and Santa Rosa, California.
“Denver’s record growth symbolizes the investments we’re making in our people and our company, both in Denver and throughout our network,” United Airlines president Scott Kirby says in a statement. “As we focus on strengthening our mid-continent hubs, our record schedule allows us to provide our customers with a better travel experience by offering more connections and more destinations.”
United said last year that it would make strengthening its hubs a priority, improving scheduling both for local demand and to allow for more connections.
That includes Denver, where United tweaked its schedule earlier this year.
“The updated schedule increased the number of morning flights available to business customers traveling from Denver to the East and West Coasts while improving connectivity to Midwest and mountain region destinations,” United said of the schedule change.
Featured image: Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.