Successful Proposal on Delta Flight Goes Viral on Reddit
Planes travel fast — but news travels even faster. A man proposed to his girlfriend Friday on an early morning Delta flight, and the public proposal went viral before she even said yes.
Reddit user pezmonkey posted a photo to a sub-forum for photographers on the popular social news site Friday morning, depicting a card they had just been handed at the gate by a fellow traveler on the upcoming flight.
The card read: “Hi, my name is Andrew and I’ll be proposing to my girlfriend Rachel on this flight! I’ve got the ring. I’ve got the ‘speech.’ What I don’t have is a photographer, so I have a favor to ask… Please take photos and videos of the proposal, if you’re so inclined, and send them to the number below. [Phone number redacted] I would appreciate it! Thank you.”
pezmonkey provided blow-by-blow updates to a rapidly growing number of social followers, stating at 7:22am that “It’s happening! Going 4k landscape 60fps… stand by.” A quick succession of posts followed:
7:27am — “False alarm, doing the safety video now. All of those of us in the know are freaking out.”
7:30am — “Noooo, we’re taking off and he didn’t do it. Is it gonna happen in the air, or did he chicken out??? We’re all confused. 😭”
7:33am — “…All signs point to a proposal in air (we’ve all decided that’s classier) — I should have the goods shortly. Standby, about to take off.”
7:37am — “Just took off, losing signal, didn’t happen on the ground — gonna be a mile high proposal.”
Finally, at 8:14am, pezmonkey posted the update everyone had been waiting for: “SHE SAID YES…”pezmonkey stated that the flight was only about an hour long, and had not shared any additional details about the couple or their travel plans as of the time of this post.
All photos courtesy of pezmonkey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees