Successful Proposal on Delta Flight Goes Viral on Reddit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planes travel fast — but news travels even faster. A man proposed to his girlfriend Friday on an early morning Delta flight, and the public proposal went viral before she even said yes.
Reddit user pezmonkey posted a photo to a sub-forum for photographers on the popular social news site Friday morning, depicting a card they had just been handed at the gate by a fellow traveler on the upcoming flight.
The card read: “Hi, my name is Andrew and I’ll be proposing to my girlfriend Rachel on this flight! I’ve got the ring. I’ve got the ‘speech.’ What I don’t have is a photographer, so I have a favor to ask… Please take photos and videos of the proposal, if you’re so inclined, and send them to the number below. [Phone number redacted] I would appreciate it! Thank you.”
pezmonkey provided blow-by-blow updates to a rapidly growing number of social followers, stating at 7:22am that “It’s happening! Going 4k landscape 60fps… stand by.” A quick succession of posts followed:
7:27am — “False alarm, doing the safety video now. All of those of us in the know are freaking out.”
7:30am — “Noooo, we’re taking off and he didn’t do it. Is it gonna happen in the air, or did he chicken out??? We’re all confused. ?”
7:33am — “…All signs point to a proposal in air (we’ve all decided that’s classier) — I should have the goods shortly. Standby, about to take off.”
7:37am — “Just took off, losing signal, didn’t happen on the ground — gonna be a mile high proposal.”
Finally, at 8:14am, pezmonkey posted the update everyone had been waiting for: “SHE SAID YES…”pezmonkey stated that the flight was only about an hour long, and had not shared any additional details about the couple or their travel plans as of the time of this post.
All photos courtesy of pezmonkey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.