Priority Pass members can once again visit most Alaska Airlines lounges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As with other U.S. airlines, Alaska Airlines closed most of its airport lounges early during the pandemic, largely in response to a steep drop in demand. Most of the carrier’s locations have since reopened, however, and as One Mile at a Time reports, several are once again accepting Priority Pass guests.
Alaska’s decision to remove several locations from the Priority Pass network actually came long before the pandemic began, in the summer of 2018, presumably due to overcrowding.
With the pandemic still keeping many travelers away from airports and lounges, however, crowd control is presumably less of an issue. Since the airline gets paid when Priority Pass members visit, this must have seemed like a good time to reopen those lounge doors to premium credit cardholders and other eligible guests.
As of now, the following Alaska Airlines lounges are listed as participating on the Priority Pass website:
- Anchorage (ANC) — Concourse C, near gate C-1
- Los Angeles (LAX) — Terminal 6 on the mezzanine level, near gate 64
- New York (JFK) — Terminal 7, just after the security checkpoint
- Portland Airport (PDX) — Concourse C, across from gate C5
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) — North Satellite, above gates N13-N18
Note that the New York-JFK lounge has yet to reopen, but it appears that Priority Pass guests will be able to visit once it does.
As a reminder, customers with many premium credit cards are eligible for a complimentary Priority Pass membership, granting access to well over 1,000 lounges around the world. For example, both my Chase Sapphire Reserve® and The Platinum Card® from American Express made me eligible to enroll for complimentary access, as do a handful of other top cards. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Featured photo on the LAX lounge by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees