The Royal Couple’s Honeymoon to Namibia has Been Called Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It turns out you Royal fanatics ruined the couple’s honeymoon. And so did we.
Back in mid-April, Travel + Leisure leaked that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s honeymoon destination would be Namibia. However, once this destination was made public, those honeymoon plans had to be scrapped. Self-described “Royal Expert & Commentator” Omid Scobie explained to Elle that this cancellation is for their safety:
If a location leaks prior to travel, it compromises their safety on the trip, and they’ll be advised by their protection team to change plans. William and Kate’s protection officers ended up doing recon on two destinations before they settled on the Seychelles for their 2011 honeymoon.
Still, it seems Africa is high on the list. The royal couple first traveled there together on a trip to Botswana and returned for Meghan’s 36th birthday. Harry also purchased Meghan’s engagement ring diamond from Botswana.
However, Scobie doesn’t think that the couple will return there for their honeymoon “as they’re keen to explore countries on the continent that they haven’t seen before.” Instead, he hints, “Meghan has been keen to go on a beach holiday with Harry, so I can definitely see them by the sea.” Other spit-balled destinations include Seychelles and Zanzibar.
Given the secrecy around the royal couple’s destination, they probably aren’t going to fly economy. Instead, our educated guess is that the royal couple — and their security team — will lease a wide-body aircraft from British Airways. Here’s why.
One thing is for sure: you better hope that you don’t hear about Prince Harry and Meghan’s honeymoon destination until after the royal couple gets back. Otherwise, you might be helping ruin another honeymoon destination for them.
In the meantime, if you can’t get enough of the royal couple’s travel plans, satiate your hunger with the following:
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Choose Their Honeymoon Destination
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Postponed their Honeymoon Plans for Work
- 6 Amazing Destinations for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Honeymoon
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees