This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ah, New Zealand air. So fresh! So clean! (So I’ve heard, at least.)
No, I’m not talking about the airline, Air New Zealand. I’m talking about air from New Zealand. It’s apparently so “pure” and “fresh” that a company named Kiwiana is bottling it up — and for $65 USD, or $98 New Zealand dollars, it can be yours.
All you have to do is be passing through Auckland Airport (AKL) and you, too, can take home a can of air that has “crossed no major landmass before flowing over the pristine Southern Alps of New Zealand.” Better yet, if you get the value pack, you’ll save a whole $20 NZD. A bargain, I tell ya.
Enchanted? Us, too. People on Twitter? Not so much.
Take Damian Christie for example:
Isabella Cawthorn thinks we have “hit peak capitalism.”
While some people argue that this may help people who live in cities with bad air pollution, it’s still air in a can — and pricey air at that. But, hey, at least you’ll get the points, right?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees