People in Airports Are Paying $65 for Cans of “Pure Fresh New Zealand Air”
Ah, New Zealand air. So fresh! So clean! (So I’ve heard, at least.)
No, I’m not talking about the airline, Air New Zealand. I’m talking about air from New Zealand. It’s apparently so “pure” and “fresh” that a company named Kiwiana is bottling it up — and for $65 USD, or $98 New Zealand dollars, it can be yours.
All you have to do is be passing through Auckland Airport (AKL) and you, too, can take home a can of air that has “crossed no major landmass before flowing over the pristine Southern Alps of New Zealand.” Better yet, if you get the value pack, you’ll save a whole $20 NZD. A bargain, I tell ya.
Enchanted? Us, too. People on Twitter? Not so much.
Take Damian Christie for example:
Isabella Cawthorn thinks we have “hit peak capitalism.”
While some people argue that this may help people who live in cities with bad air pollution, it’s still air in a can — and pricey air at that. But, hey, at least you’ll get the points, right?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees