Two Marriott Hotels Coming to Paine Field Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers traveling through Paine Field airport will soon have access to two new hotels as well as additional airport parking options. Paine Field, which opened in March 2019, is located in Everett, WA, roughly 24 miles north of Downtown Seattle. The terminal, while modern and passenger friendly, lacks convenient lodging and affordable parking. That is set to change in a matter of months.
According to the Everett Herald, SMJ Management, which operates other hotels in the area, plans to construct two new Marriott hotels just minutes from the passenger terminal.
Both a 128-room SpringHill Suites and 74-room TownePlace Suites will be built roughly a mile south of the airport. The two Marriott hotels will be built side-by-side and will reportedly share a front desk.
The area around the Paine Field passenger terminal currently features a Hilton Garden Inn and a Staybridge Suites. Both hotels are around a 10-minute drive from the terminal with just one of the hotels offering an on-demand shuttle.
Passenger parking is also an issue at Paine Field, with the airport operating the only lot in the area. One of the top complaints from Paine Field travelers is the cost of parking, which costs $20 per day at the airport’s economy lot.
Both upcoming Marriott hotels will offer airport parking and shuttle services. Additionally, both hotels will be located only a mile from the passenger terminal, or a 5 to 8-minute drive.
While the hotels will increase parking capacity by an estimated 200 to 300 vehicles, to take advantage of the hotel’s park-n-fly amenity, the travelers will need to stay a minimum of one night at either property before they are eligible to leave their vehicle in either hotel’s lot.
Both SpringHill Suites and TownePlace Suites are two of Marriott’s economy or extended stay options. The SpringHill Suites will feature basic amenities as well as on-sight dining. The TownePlace Suites will feature amenities aimed at travelers who expect to spend a week or more at the hotel with rooms featuring full kitchens.
With the area around Paine Field’s passenger terminal featuring a limited number of lodging options for travelers, the two Marriott properties will be much-welcomed additions to the area. The group developing the two new Marriott hotels hopes to break ground this winter and open the two properties 12 to 18 months following the start of construction.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Max Prosperi/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees