Two Marriott Hotels Coming to Paine Field Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers traveling through Paine Field airport will soon have access to two new hotels as well as additional airport parking options. Paine Field, which opened in March 2019, is located in Everett, WA, roughly 24 miles north of Downtown Seattle. The terminal, while modern and passenger friendly, lacks convenient lodging and affordable parking. That is set to change in a matter of months.
According to the Everett Herald, SMJ Management, which operates other hotels in the area, plans to construct two new Marriott hotels just minutes from the passenger terminal.
Both a 128-room SpringHill Suites and 74-room TownePlace Suites will be built roughly a mile south of the airport. The two Marriott hotels will be built side-by-side and will reportedly share a front desk.
The area around the Paine Field passenger terminal currently features a Hilton Garden Inn and a Staybridge Suites. Both hotels are around a 10-minute drive from the terminal with just one of the hotels offering an on-demand shuttle.
Passenger parking is also an issue at Paine Field, with the airport operating the only lot in the area. One of the top complaints from Paine Field travelers is the cost of parking, which costs $20 per day at the airport’s economy lot.
Both upcoming Marriott hotels will offer airport parking and shuttle services. Additionally, both hotels will be located only a mile from the passenger terminal, or a 5 to 8-minute drive.
While the hotels will increase parking capacity by an estimated 200 to 300 vehicles, to take advantage of the hotel’s park-n-fly amenity, the travelers will need to stay a minimum of one night at either property before they are eligible to leave their vehicle in either hotel’s lot.
Both SpringHill Suites and TownePlace Suites are two of Marriott’s economy or extended stay options. The SpringHill Suites will feature basic amenities as well as on-sight dining. The TownePlace Suites will feature amenities aimed at travelers who expect to spend a week or more at the hotel with rooms featuring full kitchens.
With the area around Paine Field’s passenger terminal featuring a limited number of lodging options for travelers, the two Marriott properties will be much-welcomed additions to the area. The group developing the two new Marriott hotels hopes to break ground this winter and open the two properties 12 to 18 months following the start of construction.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Max Prosperi/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.