NYC Restaurant Week is back — and Mastercard cardholders can save up to $50 on meals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Foodies, get ready to eat well — and on the cheap — this summer. Later this month will see the long-awaited return of NYC Restaurant Week.
Between July 19 and Aug. 22, 2021, NYC Restaurant Week will return for in-person dining for the first time in 18 months. Restaurants across 75 neighborhoods in the city, offering more than 40 different types of cuisines will allow diners to opt for lunches or dinners priced at $21 or $39, depending on the restaurant.
Individual restaurants will be allowed to choose whether they want to participate for one week or all five weeks of the program. Prices will vary, depending on the restaurant’s price point, but generally, lunch, brunch or dinner will include one entree and at least one side for either $21 or $39. Remember, too, that Restaurant Week offers are generally available for both on-site and takeout dining options.
Also as of this year, NYC Restaurant Week is offering a new Signature Dining Experience for $125, which includes three or more courses and “exclusive enhancements,” which may vary depending on the restaurant.
Aside from the delicious meals on offer, best of all, perhaps, is that there are great savings opportunities. Mastercard cardholders can preregister for NYC Restaurant Week to receive a $10 statement credit on each transaction of $39 or more up to five times. In other words, Mastercard cardholders can save up to $50 for on-site meals during Restaurant Week.
Plus, Mastercard cardholders can also enter to win thousands of American Airlines AAdvantage miles. Each time they purchase an NYC Restaurant Week meal with their card by Aug. 15, they will be entered for a chance to win 200,000 AAdvantage miles.
If you’re interested in treating yourself if you live in NYC or if you plan on visiting the Big Apple in time for Restaurant Week, you can browse the participating restaurants and their offers here.
Featured photo courtesy of NYC & Company.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees