NYC Hotel Week Discounts Rates to $100-200/Night in January
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you fancy a little vacation (or staycation) after the holidays, New York City’s upcoming Hotel Week may offer the perfect opportunity.
Between January 4 to 14, more than a dozen NYC hotels are participating in Hotel Week, offering up flat rates of $100 or $200 per night for comfortable stays in some of the trendiest boutique hotels or most convenient locations around town.
The Wolcott Hotel between 5th Avenue and Broadway offers one of the best deals on the roster, with rooms for only $100 per night, down from the regular rate of $250 per night. One of the longest continually-run hotels in Manhattan, the 1904 historical building boasts a gorgeous retro lobby with unbeatable views. The Freehand New York Hotel, featured on luxury romance hotel site Mr. and Mrs. Smith, also provides great value for visitors looking to stay close to the Flatiron district, with rooms starting at $100/night, down from a standard average of $260/night.
Meanwhile, all four of the hotels from the boutique Library Hotel Collection‘s NYC portfolio are participating in Hotel Week. Word nerds will want to stay at the eponymous 60-room Library Hotel, located close to the New York Public Library, to get their fill of rooms themed to resemble the Dewey Decimal System. Each of the 10 floors features a specific category of the Dewey system, while individual rooms further carry the theme. Stay in Erotic Literature (Room 800.001), Music (700.005) or Botany (500.004). Every single room in the hotel features 50 to 100 books relevant to the room theme.
Alternatively, Brooklyn visitors will revel in Williamsburg gem, the William Vale, which is available for nearly 50% off of its standard rate of $340 per night), with its floor-to-ceiling window views. Or stay at the contemporary Archer New York Hotel on West 38th Street in the Garment District for just $200/night.
All the fun highlights being stated, there are a few caveats: Taxes and fees aren’t included in the Hotel Week discount. And while availability isn’t exactly limited, rooms discounted at Hotel Week rates can be, especially toward more desirable dates such as the weekends; only upgraded room rates were available over my travel dates at a couple of properties, including 50 Bowery, the first Joie de Vivre hotel in New York. For others, the hotels themselves occasionally offered better discounts through their proprietary promo codes than the one provided by Hotel Week. That being said, Hotel Week rates at 50 Bowery included breakfast for two at Rice & Gold, the hotel’s “kind of” Chinese restaurant which offers an inspired dim sum menu.
All told, the Hotel Week destinations may not come at the right time or be located in the right area for your next visit. But if they are, this promotion can only work in your favor.
Featured photo courtesy of Freehand New York.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees