Norwegian Cruise Line Hosting Free Cruise Giveaway for Teachers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 4/8/19: In the light of successful engagement in its current Giving Joy initiative, Norwegian Cruise Line has just upped the ante on the initiative’s giveaway. As of Monday, the cruise line has announced that the giveaway will be doubled from 15 to 30 cruises, and the grand prize giveaways will be increased to $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000 for the schools of the top three teacher finalists.
“This campaign has clearly resonated with the public, with nearly 45,000 nominations and 1.4 million votes in just three weeks,” said Andy Stuart, President and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line, in a statement. “We set out to gift 15 cruises in honor of our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, but given the engagement and appreciation of this effort, we have decided to double the joy and award 30 educators who make an impact in children’s lives in a positive and meaningful way.”
This year, Norwegian Cruise Line is giving joy back to those who bring joy to the classroom with its Giving Joy campaign. Just in time for Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6 – 10), the cruise line is offering free seven-day cruises cruise for two to 15 lucky teachers.
Teachers in the US and Canada can be nominated or nominate themselves for a chance to win by explaining how the nominee shares the joy of learning. The 15 nominated teachers with the greatest number of votes by April 12 will be invited to an award ceremony in Seattle on May 3 (airfare and accommodations included), rewarded with the free seven-day cruise for two and entered for a chance to win $15,000 for their school.
Teachers can share their nominations on social media and encourage others to vote for them for the chance to win the amazing getaway.
The contest comes in the wake of the debut of Norwegian’s 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, which is said to “delight your senses and calm your soul.” The campaign combines the spirit of the ship with the company’s values of learning by means of travel.
“Travel is a powerful means of education. It brings people closer to each other and to diverse cultures around the world,” said Andy Stuart, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line in a statement. “Through our Norwegian Cruise Line Giving Joy campaign, we celebrate the power of education and travel, and reward teachers who have taken responsibility for our future, our children, and who lean into that responsibility with all they’ve got.”
With routes to Alaska, the Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal, Norwegian Joy would be a great for detox for teachers who give their all for their students. You can nominate or vote for a teacher here.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by PRNewsfoto/Norwegian Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.