Norwegian Cruise Line Hosting Free Cruise Giveaway for Teachers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 4/8/19: In the light of successful engagement in its current Giving Joy initiative, Norwegian Cruise Line has just upped the ante on the initiative’s giveaway. As of Monday, the cruise line has announced that the giveaway will be doubled from 15 to 30 cruises, and the grand prize giveaways will be increased to $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000 for the schools of the top three teacher finalists.
“This campaign has clearly resonated with the public, with nearly 45,000 nominations and 1.4 million votes in just three weeks,” said Andy Stuart, President and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line, in a statement. “We set out to gift 15 cruises in honor of our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, but given the engagement and appreciation of this effort, we have decided to double the joy and award 30 educators who make an impact in children’s lives in a positive and meaningful way.”
This year, Norwegian Cruise Line is giving joy back to those who bring joy to the classroom with its Giving Joy campaign. Just in time for Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6 – 10), the cruise line is offering free seven-day cruises cruise for two to 15 lucky teachers.
Teachers in the US and Canada can be nominated or nominate themselves for a chance to win by explaining how the nominee shares the joy of learning. The 15 nominated teachers with the greatest number of votes by April 12 will be invited to an award ceremony in Seattle on May 3 (airfare and accommodations included), rewarded with the free seven-day cruise for two and entered for a chance to win $15,000 for their school.
Teachers can share their nominations on social media and encourage others to vote for them for the chance to win the amazing getaway.
The contest comes in the wake of the debut of Norwegian’s 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, which is said to “delight your senses and calm your soul.” The campaign combines the spirit of the ship with the company’s values of learning by means of travel.
“Travel is a powerful means of education. It brings people closer to each other and to diverse cultures around the world,” said Andy Stuart, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line in a statement. “Through our Norwegian Cruise Line Giving Joy campaign, we celebrate the power of education and travel, and reward teachers who have taken responsibility for our future, our children, and who lean into that responsibility with all they’ve got.”
With routes to Alaska, the Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal, Norwegian Joy would be a great for detox for teachers who give their all for their students. You can nominate or vote for a teacher here.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by PRNewsfoto/Norwegian Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees