This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian continues to expand its foothold in the US even though it faces serious financial issues. The airline announced yesterday that it will be launching three new routes between Florida and Europe:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Madrid (MAD)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Rome (FCO)
- Orlando (MCO) to Stockholm (ARN)
Norwegian will operate year round bi-weekly service from Fort Lauderdale to Rome and Madrid, with the flights launching on October 30. Schedules are as follows:
- DY7038 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 11:30pm Departure → Rome (FCO) 1:50pm (+1) Arrival
- DY7037 Rome (FCO) 9:30am Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 2:45pm Arrival
- DY7752 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 7:45pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 8:50am (+1) Arrival
- DY7752 Madrid (MAD) 1:10pm Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 4:45pm Arrival
Orlando-Stockholm flights will only operate in the winter (ostensibly to ferry Swedes to sunny Florida during the country’s ice-cold winters) and twice-weekly service will begin on October 30 and end March 29, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
- DY7062 Orlando (MCO) 9:05pm Departure → Stockholm (ARN) 11:55am (+1) Arrival
- DY7061 Stockholm (ARN) 2:50pm Departure → Orlando (MCO) 7:05pm Arrival
Once the new flights start, Norwegian will operate 13 total routes between the sunshine state and Europe.
Boeing 787 Dreamliners will carry travelers between the destinations, although with the aircraft’s engine problems, the carrier has had to switch out some of its equipment for wetleased 747s and 777s. Norwegian’s Dreamliners have two cabins, premium and economy. Premium is laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration.
In economy you’ll find seats with 31 inches of pitch set up in a 3-3-3 layout.
One-way flights to Rome and Madrid start at $205 in economy and $574 in premium, and one-way flights to Stockholm start at $210 in economy and $890 in premium.
Norwegian is also adjusting its frequencies on some routes, making two routes summer only service:
- Fort Lauderdale to Paris (CDG) service will increase from two flights per week to four flights per week as of October 28, 2018.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris service will increase from five flights per week to daily flights as of October 28, 2018.
- Oakland (OAK) to Paris service will decrease from five flights per week to three flights a week as of October 30, 2018.
- Oakland to Rome service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
- Los Angeles to Stockholm service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees