Norwegian Announces Three New Routes From Florida to Europe, One-Way Flights From $205
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian continues to expand its foothold in the US even though it faces serious financial issues. The airline announced yesterday that it will be launching three new routes between Florida and Europe:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Madrid (MAD)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Rome (FCO)
- Orlando (MCO) to Stockholm (ARN)
Norwegian will operate year round bi-weekly service from Fort Lauderdale to Rome and Madrid, with the flights launching on October 30. Schedules are as follows:
- DY7038 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 11:30pm Departure → Rome (FCO) 1:50pm (+1) Arrival
- DY7037 Rome (FCO) 9:30am Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 2:45pm Arrival
- DY7752 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 7:45pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 8:50am (+1) Arrival
- DY7752 Madrid (MAD) 1:10pm Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 4:45pm Arrival
Orlando-Stockholm flights will only operate in the winter (ostensibly to ferry Swedes to sunny Florida during the country’s ice-cold winters) and twice-weekly service will begin on October 30 and end March 29, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
- DY7062 Orlando (MCO) 9:05pm Departure → Stockholm (ARN) 11:55am (+1) Arrival
- DY7061 Stockholm (ARN) 2:50pm Departure → Orlando (MCO) 7:05pm Arrival
Once the new flights start, Norwegian will operate 13 total routes between the sunshine state and Europe.
Boeing 787 Dreamliners will carry travelers between the destinations, although with the aircraft’s engine problems, the carrier has had to switch out some of its equipment for wetleased 747s and 777s. Norwegian’s Dreamliners have two cabins, premium and economy. Premium is laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration.
In economy you’ll find seats with 31 inches of pitch set up in a 3-3-3 layout.
One-way flights to Rome and Madrid start at $205 in economy and $574 in premium, and one-way flights to Stockholm start at $210 in economy and $890 in premium.
Norwegian is also adjusting its frequencies on some routes, making two routes summer only service:
- Fort Lauderdale to Paris (CDG) service will increase from two flights per week to four flights per week as of October 28, 2018.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris service will increase from five flights per week to daily flights as of October 28, 2018.
- Oakland (OAK) to Paris service will decrease from five flights per week to three flights a week as of October 30, 2018.
- Oakland to Rome service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
- Los Angeles to Stockholm service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees