Norwegian Announces Three New Routes From Florida to Europe, One-Way Flights From $205
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian continues to expand its foothold in the US even though it faces serious financial issues. The airline announced yesterday that it will be launching three new routes between Florida and Europe:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Madrid (MAD)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Rome (FCO)
- Orlando (MCO) to Stockholm (ARN)
Norwegian will operate year round bi-weekly service from Fort Lauderdale to Rome and Madrid, with the flights launching on October 30. Schedules are as follows:
- DY7038 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 11:30pm Departure → Rome (FCO) 1:50pm (+1) Arrival
- DY7037 Rome (FCO) 9:30am Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 2:45pm Arrival
- DY7752 Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 7:45pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 8:50am (+1) Arrival
- DY7752 Madrid (MAD) 1:10pm Departure → Fort Lauderdale (FLL) 4:45pm Arrival
Orlando-Stockholm flights will only operate in the winter (ostensibly to ferry Swedes to sunny Florida during the country’s ice-cold winters) and twice-weekly service will begin on October 30 and end March 29, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
- DY7062 Orlando (MCO) 9:05pm Departure → Stockholm (ARN) 11:55am (+1) Arrival
- DY7061 Stockholm (ARN) 2:50pm Departure → Orlando (MCO) 7:05pm Arrival
Once the new flights start, Norwegian will operate 13 total routes between the sunshine state and Europe.
Boeing 787 Dreamliners will carry travelers between the destinations, although with the aircraft’s engine problems, the carrier has had to switch out some of its equipment for wetleased 747s and 777s. Norwegian’s Dreamliners have two cabins, premium and economy. Premium is laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration.
In economy you’ll find seats with 31 inches of pitch set up in a 3-3-3 layout.
One-way flights to Rome and Madrid start at $205 in economy and $574 in premium, and one-way flights to Stockholm start at $210 in economy and $890 in premium.
Norwegian is also adjusting its frequencies on some routes, making two routes summer only service:
- Fort Lauderdale to Paris (CDG) service will increase from two flights per week to four flights per week as of October 28, 2018.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris service will increase from five flights per week to daily flights as of October 28, 2018.
- Oakland (OAK) to Paris service will decrease from five flights per week to three flights a week as of October 30, 2018.
- Oakland to Rome service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
- Los Angeles to Stockholm service will become a summer seasonal service, with last flight departing October 26, 2018.
Featured image by Victor / Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.