Norwegian Air Limits Lounge Access for Premium Cabin Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you were planning on having lounge access because you bought a premium seat with Norwegian, think again. The low-cost carrier made lounge access only available to PremiumFlex passengers as of Dec. 21, 2018.
However, those who bought a bought a Premium ticket before Norwegian made these changes will still have lounge access.
“Premium customers traveling on flexible tickets receive complimentary lounge access at selected airports in addition to all Premium bookings made before December, 21 2018, as per the original terms of their ticket,” a Norwegian spokesperson said.
Norwegian also said that passengers can pay for lounge access if they wish and Norwegian Reward members have a discounted entry at London Gatwick (LGW).
Norwegian’s Premium cabin is a popular choice for people looking for more comfort on a low-cost carrier from the US to Europe, and remains a solid option despite the decision to remove lounge access. Lounge access is now only available to PremiumFlex passengers on long-haul flights to or from the US or Thailand.
PremiumFlex Passengers Have Lounge Access in the Following Airports:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.