There’s a New W Hotel Coming to Bali in 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is announcing a new option for travelers in Bali. Scheduled to open in 2020, the new W Bali – Ubud will offer a yet another luxury option to travelers and expand the W Hotel brand to more than 50 properties around the world.
According to Anthony Ingham, the Global Brand Leader for W Hotels Worldwide, the company is, “applying a unique, vibrant sensibility to this hotel, one that has not been seen before on the island.” Marriott says that the hotel design will be modern and incorporate modern interpretations of traditional Balinese art styles with work from local artists.
The new hotel will feature 100 guest rooms. If you are really looking to up your experience, you will be able to choose from one of 10 private villas, each with its own private pool. Not good enough? Upgrade yourself to the EWOW suite, the hotel’s interpretation of the traditional Presidential Suite.
Outside their rooms, guests can expect to find plenty of space to relax. The WET deck will feature terraced pools designed to mimic the traditional rice patties of the region. If guests are looking to get pampered, the hotel will offer the signature AWAY Spa by W Hotels. The spa will feature a large open deck and offer a wide range of treatments for guests to relax and unwind.
The new hotel is slated to have multiple bars and restaurants on site featuring Balinese twists on international food. Guest will find traditional Asian-inspired dishes at the Morinda restaurant, which will feature an in-house bakery, fresh juices, and have a focus on vegan dishes. Synn will showcase the best of Balinese and world cuisines from its partially-underground location. Wanderbar, a cocktail bar perched on the one of the highest hills at the hotel, will offer panoramic views and craft cocktails.
Marriott was not able to provide booking information for the property at this time.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Marriott
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee