There’s a New W Hotel Coming to Bali in 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is announcing a new option for travelers in Bali. Scheduled to open in 2020, the new W Bali – Ubud will offer a yet another luxury option to travelers and expand the W Hotel brand to more than 50 properties around the world.
According to Anthony Ingham, the Global Brand Leader for W Hotels Worldwide, the company is, “applying a unique, vibrant sensibility to this hotel, one that has not been seen before on the island.” Marriott says that the hotel design will be modern and incorporate modern interpretations of traditional Balinese art styles with work from local artists.
The new hotel will feature 100 guest rooms. If you are really looking to up your experience, you will be able to choose from one of 10 private villas, each with its own private pool. Not good enough? Upgrade yourself to the EWOW suite, the hotel’s interpretation of the traditional Presidential Suite.
Outside their rooms, guests can expect to find plenty of space to relax. The WET deck will feature terraced pools designed to mimic the traditional rice patties of the region. If guests are looking to get pampered, the hotel will offer the signature AWAY Spa by W Hotels. The spa will feature a large open deck and offer a wide range of treatments for guests to relax and unwind.
The new hotel is slated to have multiple bars and restaurants on site featuring Balinese twists on international food. Guest will find traditional Asian-inspired dishes at the Morinda restaurant, which will feature an in-house bakery, fresh juices, and have a focus on vegan dishes. Synn will showcase the best of Balinese and world cuisines from its partially-underground location. Wanderbar, a cocktail bar perched on the one of the highest hills at the hotel, will offer panoramic views and craft cocktails.
Marriott was not able to provide booking information for the property at this time.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees