There’s a New W Hotel Coming to Bali in 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is announcing a new option for travelers in Bali. Scheduled to open in 2020, the new W Bali – Ubud will offer a yet another luxury option to travelers and expand the W Hotel brand to more than 50 properties around the world.
According to Anthony Ingham, the Global Brand Leader for W Hotels Worldwide, the company is, “applying a unique, vibrant sensibility to this hotel, one that has not been seen before on the island.” Marriott says that the hotel design will be modern and incorporate modern interpretations of traditional Balinese art styles with work from local artists.
The new hotel will feature 100 guest rooms. If you are really looking to up your experience, you will be able to choose from one of 10 private villas, each with its own private pool. Not good enough? Upgrade yourself to the EWOW suite, the hotel’s interpretation of the traditional Presidential Suite.
Outside their rooms, guests can expect to find plenty of space to relax. The WET deck will feature terraced pools designed to mimic the traditional rice patties of the region. If guests are looking to get pampered, the hotel will offer the signature AWAY Spa by W Hotels. The spa will feature a large open deck and offer a wide range of treatments for guests to relax and unwind.
The new hotel is slated to have multiple bars and restaurants on site featuring Balinese twists on international food. Guest will find traditional Asian-inspired dishes at the Morinda restaurant, which will feature an in-house bakery, fresh juices, and have a focus on vegan dishes. Synn will showcase the best of Balinese and world cuisines from its partially-underground location. Wanderbar, a cocktail bar perched on the one of the highest hills at the hotel, will offer panoramic views and craft cocktails.
Marriott was not able to provide booking information for the property at this time.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.