New Uber Rewards options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Any Uber riders in the house? With the launch of Uber Rewards last year, loyal riders were given the opportunity to earn Uber cash credit. While it’s not a stunning amount, it’s a solid reward for riders in an otherwise reward-free program. Now, the rewards appear to be expanding, with riders being given some fairly…unique opportunities:
These rewards appear to be targeted per member, and while I would never turn down some free pork dumplings, I was unfortunately only targeted for Uber-related rewards (not shown, though I did pick the regular $5 in Uber cash). Some of these are arguably more valuable than others, though you’ll need to spend more in the first place to maximize these rewards, like the discount on Uber Comfort rides.
For reference, here are the earning rates for Uber rewards:
- 1 point per eligible dollar spent on UberPool and UberEats
- 2 points per eligible dollar spent on UberX, Uber XL, Select and WAV
- 3 points per eligible dollar spent on UberBlack, Black SUV and Lux
Not too shabby!
Feature photo by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.