New Orleans Airport Introduces Emotional Support … Gators?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alligators are on the loose at New Orleans International Airport (MSY). But don’t worry, these alligators are part of a new partnership between the airport and the Audubon Nature Institute in New Orleans. According to USA Today, passengers who find themselves pre-security will have the opportunity to experience the new gators first-hand.
New Orleans/Louis Armstrong International Airport sees more than 12 million passengers annually and offers flights throughout North America and Europe. The airport, which has seen a substantial amount of growth in recent years thanks to the return of tourism to the area, has been working to improve the passenger experience. While a brand new $1 billion terminal will certainly improve the experience when it opens, the new emotional support alligators will have to suffice for now.
The Audubon Nature Institute, located in New Orleans, offers passengers the chance to pet and even hold baby alligators at the airport. Passengers looking to calm their nerves during the busy holiday travel season can make their way to baggage belt number 6 on Fridays in the afternoon from 1:30 – 3:30pm. While therapy dogs are far more common than therapy gators, New Orleans International Airport appears to have made the decision to embrace its Mississippi Delta roots with the new reptiles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees