New Orleans Airport Introduces Emotional Support … Gators?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alligators are on the loose at New Orleans International Airport (MSY). But don’t worry, these alligators are part of a new partnership between the airport and the Audubon Nature Institute in New Orleans. According to USA Today, passengers who find themselves pre-security will have the opportunity to experience the new gators first-hand.
New Orleans/Louis Armstrong International Airport sees more than 12 million passengers annually and offers flights throughout North America and Europe. The airport, which has seen a substantial amount of growth in recent years thanks to the return of tourism to the area, has been working to improve the passenger experience. While a brand new $1 billion terminal will certainly improve the experience when it opens, the new emotional support alligators will have to suffice for now.
The Audubon Nature Institute, located in New Orleans, offers passengers the chance to pet and even hold baby alligators at the airport. Passengers looking to calm their nerves during the busy holiday travel season can make their way to baggage belt number 6 on Fridays in the afternoon from 1:30 – 3:30pm. While therapy dogs are far more common than therapy gators, New Orleans International Airport appears to have made the decision to embrace its Mississippi Delta roots with the new reptiles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.