New Orleans Airport Introduces Emotional Support … Gators?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alligators are on the loose at New Orleans International Airport (MSY). But don’t worry, these alligators are part of a new partnership between the airport and the Audubon Nature Institute in New Orleans. According to USA Today, passengers who find themselves pre-security will have the opportunity to experience the new gators first-hand.
New Orleans/Louis Armstrong International Airport sees more than 12 million passengers annually and offers flights throughout North America and Europe. The airport, which has seen a substantial amount of growth in recent years thanks to the return of tourism to the area, has been working to improve the passenger experience. While a brand new $1 billion terminal will certainly improve the experience when it opens, the new emotional support alligators will have to suffice for now.
The Audubon Nature Institute, located in New Orleans, offers passengers the chance to pet and even hold baby alligators at the airport. Passengers looking to calm their nerves during the busy holiday travel season can make their way to baggage belt number 6 on Fridays in the afternoon from 1:30 – 3:30pm. While therapy dogs are far more common than therapy gators, New Orleans International Airport appears to have made the decision to embrace its Mississippi Delta roots with the new reptiles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.