Google Releases New Flight and Hotel Search Features
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Google Flights is often one of the first sites that TPG recommends to visit when booking travel. Now, a few new features have been added to Google Flights and Google’s Hotel Search that will help to refine your experience — and the additions are coming just in time to help you finalize your spring travel plans.
Google Flights’ new Explore feature allows travelers who don’t have anything too specific in mind to delve into their options. Let’s say you only have a few dates set aside and a budget for your flights. Google Flights can find destinations based on your requirements from your origin city. For example, you’d like to get out of town for your birthday in April, but don’t want to spend more than $250 round-trip. The Explore page will pull up the destinations that will meet the requirements: Memphis is currently showing prices as low as $237 round-trip. This feature also works with the flexible dates feature in which users can scan the best prices within a month time-frame.
Google Flights also now shows insights on flight prices, which indicate whether the price is low, typical or high for the route. The feature can indicate future predictions and can notify you when it’s the best time to book based on price.
As for Hotel Search, a couple key features have been added as well. Now, you can sort your hotel results based on the factors that matter to you, whether it’s a preferred price, a brand that you’re loyal to or special features. If you choose to filter the hotel results by “Deals,” Hotel Search will provide you with hotels whose prices are more than 15% lower than usual. You can also filter the results by amenities, in case you’re looking for a spot that has a pool or a fitness center.
All in all, new additions to Google allow for an intuitive user experience, more refined results and a better understanding of your options when booking, which can be really helpful if you’re adamant to get the best bang for your buck.
Featured image by JGI/Tom Grill/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees