American Airlines rolls out new and improved food options at Admirals Clubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines announced on Tuesday it had opened a new Admirals Club lounge in Terminal E of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), meaning American now has a lounge in every terminal of its largest hub.
This development is a welcome one for travelers flying on regional flights through the hub, as previously those passengers would have to make the trek to a different terminal to relax in an Admirals club on a connection. That’s not all that’s improving, though. American also shared the details of new menu items that will be available free of charge in its major-market and mid-market locations.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
At larger stations, you’ll see lighter dishes such as egg scrambles for breakfast.
And, starting Jan. 28 of this year, build-your-own grain bowls will replace the existing macaroni and cheese selections available at all of American’s major-market locations.
If you’re stopping by a club in a smaller city, you can expect build-your-own macaroni and cheese and build-your-own Cobb and Caesar salads (availability is subject to location).
How to get into the Admirals Club
There are plenty of ways to gain entry into an Admirals Club, but by far the easiest way to do so is by having the right credit card. And in the case of American Airlines, the right card is exactly one: the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®, which provides a complimentary Admirals Club membership. This card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first three months of account opening, worth $700 based on TPG’s current valuations.
The best part about this card, though, is that if you have it in your wallet, you’re allowed to add up to 10 authorized users for free, each of whom gets their own Admirals Club access privileges. This applies whether the primary cardholder is flying with that person or not, a terrific perk that is notably different from similar premium cards offered by other U.S. carriers.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees