American now has an Admiral’s Club in every DFW terminal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is the largest operator at Dallas/Fort Worth with flights leaving from all five of the airport’s terminals.
Until Tuesday, AA passengers traveling through Terminal E would have to go to a different part of the airport to cool their jets in an Admirals Club.
And, because everything is bigger in Texas, that could be quite the haul. The airport is extremely expansive, and getting between terminals can involve a lengthy commute on the airport’s Skylink train.
But now, American has a lounge in every one of DFW’s terminals.
“Starting today, Dallas Fort Worth offers customers access to an Admirals Club in every terminal of the airport,” Leah Rubertino, a spokeswoman for the airline, said in an email. “The newest lounge, opening in Terminal E, expands lounge services to regional customers traveling through DFW’s recently redeveloped satellite terminal.”
Although Terminal E is one of the oldest at DFW, the Admiral’s Club wasn’t added until its satellite was built. The new lounge was added along with extra gates, which began operations in May. It primarily serves flights operated by American’s regional affiliates.
American operates more than 900 flights at DFW every day, which accounts for 84% of the airport’s total traffic.
As the airline industry has returned to profitability, lounges play an increasingly important role. Premium customers have come to expect lounges in key destinations, and as one of the busiest airports in the U.S., DFW has seen a slate of new lounges in recent years.
Underscoring the demand, DFW’s Amex Centurion Lounge, for example, was routinely at capacity within weeks of opening a new, expanded 12,500-square-foot facility that was already larger than the 9,000-square-foot Centurion Lounge space it replaced.
Another notable new lounge opening at DFW came in May 2019, when American unveiled its Flagship First lounge at the hub. Located in Terminal D, that lounge is American’s premium lounge offering that augments its standard Admirals Clubs.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees