After Just 2 Weeks, New DFW Centurion Lounge Is Reaching Capacity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rumor has it that just a scant two weeks after opening, the new American Express Centurion Lounge at Dallas Fort-Worth is already hitting capacity.
Last Saturday, traveler Nathan Totusek tweeted a photo of a sign outside the Amex Lounge that stated, “Due to high traffic in our lounge at this time, we can only welcome Platinum Card Members who enter within three hours of their boarding pass departure time. We apologize for any inconvenience.” A follow-up tweet stated that Totusek saw “at least one person with an inbound boarding pass turned away” from the check-in desk.
A customer service rep responded to Totusek’s post from the @AskAmex Twitter account, saying, “Hi Nathan. Thanks for tweeting. Due to peak travel periods, we are limiting access to the lounge for same day departing flights within three hours of departure or connecting travel only. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.”
However, another traveler responded to Totusek’s tweet by stating that she had flown in and out of DFW that same week without seeing the capacity sign posted outside the lounge. “Maybe [restrictions apply] only peak hours?” she speculated, adding that she had spent less than 30 minutes in the lounge each time, both times with guests.
American Express told TPG, “During times when we’re seeing high capacity in our Centurion Lounges, we may choose to limit access to only Platinum Card Members who enter within three hours of their boarding pass departure time. This policy, however, does not impact the guest policy in our lounges, which for Platinum Card Members is up to two complimentary guests.”
The restrictions are not exactly new. Centurion Lounges have been known to implement this three-hour prior to departure restriction before. Nonetheless, it’s a bit surprising to see the newly opened DFW location already resorting to the measure.
Featured photo by Katherine Fan / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees