New EasyJet App Finds Location of Instagram Wanderlust Shots
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travel envy– it affects the best of us. Especially on social media. However, one of the most infuriating aspects of this envy is arguably when you come across a picture of a place that looks interesting but have no idea where it is, or how you could get there yourself.
Enter EasyJet’s new travel app feature: Look&Book. Launched Oct. 16, Look&Book boasts the ability to not only find where a picture was taken, but how to book the closest EasyJet flight available to that location. All you have to do is upload a screenshot (preferably from Instagram) of a European location to the EasyJet Travel App, and you’re good to go.
The feature, when used correctly, actually functions pretty well. The Look&Book option is located on a rotating banner at the top of the app homepage, all you need to do is click and upload your screenshot.
I tried several photos posted by some of my friends taken around Europe. Nearly everyone was a hit. It even got this screenshot from Copenhagen that I was certain would stump it:
One minor flaw I’d like to point out, however, is that the app doesn’t tell you exactly where or what the screenshot is showing. Instead, it shows a map with the location pinned and the nearest airport to that location. So, aside from booking an EasyJet flight, which is really the primary focus of the app to begin with, it might not be the most efficient way to track down a mystery location.
Note that the instructions advise using European locations and Instagram for a reason. Results in other parts of the world are questionable if not inconclusive at best. The app also struggles a bit with landscapes — it found a picture of me on the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland no problem, but when I tried one of the Dingle Peninsula, the app couldn’t come up with an answer.
Featured image by Newscast/UIG via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees