Avelo expands again, adds flights to Montana's Big Sky Country
The Montana mountain resort gateway of Kalispell is the newest dot on the map for Avelo Airlines, which will launch nonstop service from its base in Burbank, California in May.
Ultra-low-cost startup Avelo announced earlier this week that it's adding flights between Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) and Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR). The move will grow the carrier's network to include 41 destinations across 24 states.
Avelo is the only airline to offer service between Kalispell and the Southern California airport, which sits 12 miles away from Los Angeles.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG's free biweekly Aviation newsletter.
Service between FCA and BUR begins May 22, with one-way fares starting at $49. The startup airline plans to use a Boeing 737-700 for the flights that will operate twice weekly on Mondays and Fridays.
The new route will make it easier for Kalispell residents to visit Los Angeles and the rest of Southern California, Avelo CEO Andrew Levy said in a statement.
"Our exclusive nonstop service to Los Angeles makes getting to Southern California easier than ever," he said. "Kalispell residents can now say hello to affordable, convenient and reliable air travel."
Just last week, Avelo announced the addition of three new routes from its base at Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). The carrier also said it plans to launch flights from Alabama's Mobile International Airport (BFM) and South Carolina’s Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) to Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN).
With the addition of Kalispell, the carrier's Burbank base will now serve 12 markets. Here are the 11 other destinations Avelo flies to from Burbank:
- Redmond Municipal Airport (RDM), Oregon.
- Boise Airport (BOI), Idaho.
- Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO), Texas.
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS).
- Eugene Airport (EUG), Oregon.
- California Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport (ACV), California.
- Rogue Valley International—Medford Airport (MFR), Oregon.
- Tri-Cities Airport (PSC), Washington.
- Redding Regional Airport (RDD), California.
- Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport (STS), California.