This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express just announced a brand new Amex Centurion Lounge coming in 2019 to the second busiest airport in the United States, LAX. This 13,900 square foot lounge will offer a spa, family room, tranquility area, high quality food and drinks, and more to Platinum and Centurion cardholders…
Today American Express has confirmed the rumors that an American Express Centurion Lounge is heading to the second busiest airport in the United States, LAX! This large new Centurion Lounge is slated to open in 2019 and will measure in at more than 13,900 square feet. The Centurion Lounge will be located post-security in the Tom Bradley International Terminal and accessible to those in Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Traveling families will be thrilled to know that there will be a confirmed Family Room coming to this new lounge! Additionally, the LAX Centurion Lounge will offer a spa, chef-created food and drink menus, custom wall installations, showers, and a brand new tranquility area that will offer both brightly-lit and dimly-lit quiet areas to help global travelers adjust to their new time zones.
Lots of Amex Centurion Lounges coming to the network
The LAX Centurion Lounge is not the only coming new attraction, but there is also a new 15,000 square foot two-story American Express Centurion Lounge coming to open in New York’s JFK airport in 2019, a 14,000 square foot Centurion Lounge (with a confirmed family room) coming to Denver in 2019, and a new 12,000 square foot lounge under construction at DFW slated to open this year.
There are already Centurion Lounges located in New York’s LaGuardia Airport, Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Miami International Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Houston’s George Bush International Airport, Hong Kong International Airport and Philadelphia International Airport.
You can access the Amex Centurion Lounges with your Platinum Card® from American Express or Business Platinum® Card from American Express and same-day boarding pass. Amex Platinum cardholders can bring in two guests to the lounge at no additional charge. Platinum authorized users can also bring two guests into the lounge with their authorized user cards. This is how my family of four accesses the Centurion Lounges using one primary Platinum card (Josh’s) and one authorized user card (mine).
There is no question that an Amex Centurion Lounge at LAX will be extremely popular, so I’m glad it will be one of the larger lounges in the network, and one that offers the full range of Centurion Lounge amenities including a room just for families.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees