Norwegian Cruise Line extends 100% vaccination requirement through year’s end
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Norwegian Cruise Line has extended its “all passengers must be fully vaccinated in order to sail” rule by two months, through Dec. 31, 2021.
The original expiration date for the requirement, which is part of the line’s Sail Safe protocols, was set for Oct. 31. Norwegian is the only line that has committed to 100% vaccination of both passengers and crew for all sailings from the United States.
“Under the guidance of globally recognized public health experts and to prioritize the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit, we have decided to extend guest vaccination requirements for all sailings through December 31, 2021,” the line said in a statement. “Guests who are not old enough to be vaccinated will not be allowed on these sailings. However, we eagerly await an expansion of the age criteria for vaccinations by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration so we can once again welcome these guests back onboard.”
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s cruise newsletter.
The extension comes less than two weeks after a judge ruled that NCL is allowed to require vaccination proof in Florida, where Governor Ron DeSantis previously issued an executive order prohibiting businesses from demanding proof of inoculation as a condition for receiving goods or services.
“All guests sailing aboard cruises with embarkation dates through December 31, 2021, are required to be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure in order to board,” the line says under its Sail Safe FAQ section. “Vaccines, combined with multi-layered and robust preventative health and safety measures, including universal COVID-19 testing prior to embarkation, will help us provide a uniquely safe and healthy vacation environment that we believe exceeds all other vacation choices on land and at sea.”
Passengers are required to confirm that they are vaccinated pre-cruise and also bring proof of vaccination with them on embarkation day. Passengers — including children younger than 12 — who are not currently eligible to be vaccinated are not allowed to sail.
Featured photo courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees