This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Air France flight operated by regional airline HOP! collided with an unknown object mid-air on Sunday, March 25, somewhere between Paris (ORY) and Aurillac (AUR).
Travelers on board flight A5-235 reported hearing a loud noise in the main cabin. The pilot informed passengers on the 265-mile domestic flight that the aircraft had most likely been struck by either a goose or a block of ice, according to flight passenger Marie Dulac. The plane landed without incident at Aurillac Airport, but “a large hole was discovered in the fuselage just below the left main wing.”
The airline reported that part of the aircraft might have detached during the deployment of the landing gear.
The ATR 43 aircraft has been removed from service and grounded since the landing on Sunday.
Featured photo courtesy of Marie Dulac.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees