‘My Emirates Pass’ Offering Deals on Some of the UAE’s Best Attractions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re headed to the United Arab Emirates this summer and you’re flying with Emirates, be sure to hang on to your boarding pass. It could save you some serious cash. Emirates has announced they are bringing back the My Emirates Pass, which allows passengers to present their boarding pass at more than 500 locations across the UAE for discounts.
If you have a need for speed, Ferrari World should be on your list when you visit Abu Dhabi. The theme park offers rides, roller coasters and even F1 driving simulators. Want to enjoy the real thing? You can take a Ferrari out for a spin around Yas Island with a Ferrari instructor.
General admission tickets to the park are around $80, but your Emirates boarding pass will save you 20%.
Ski Dubai, located inside the Mall of the Emirates, is indeed a ski resort in the desert.
There, the Snow Classic package includes unlimited access to all snow-park rides, one chairlift ride and one Mountain Thriller ride. The Snow Classic package costs about $70, but with your Emirates boarding pass you save 28%, bringing the cost down to around $50.
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
If you’re looking for crystalline waters and up-close encounters with wildlife, the Dubai Aquarium should be on your list. Its massive 2.6-million-gallon main tank is one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world, allowing visitors to walk through the massive tank to enjoy the view of more than 140 species. The adventurous can even dive with the world’s largest collection of sand tiger sharks.
Present your boarding pass at the Dubai Aquarium for a 25% discount on any package.
LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park
If you’re bringing the kids along for your UAE adventure — or if you’re just a LEGO buff — LEGOLAND and the LEGOLAND water parks will be must-see attractions. From the factory where you can see how LEGO blocks get made, to LEGO city, to Kingdoms where you can ride the dragon coaster, LEGOLAND offers lots of activities and that’s before you head over to the LEGOLAND water park.
Armed with your Emirates boarding pass you can expect to save 20% off single-day passes to either of the two parks.
The Fine Print
While putting your Emirates boarding pass to work for you is pretty easy, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. The discount is only good for the person who’s name is on the boarding pass and doesn’t apply to anyone else in the group. The good news, though, is if you traveled to the UAE with a group, everyone should have a boarding pass.
You can also use your boarding pass for discounts as many times as you want while in the UAE. So if you want to visit Ferrari World or LEGOLAND more than once, you can take advantage of the discounts each time you visit.
The program is set to run from May 1 through August 31, 2019. Any Emirates boarding pass issued for a flight during that time frame is good throughout the summer. You will be required to present your paper or electronic boarding pass to receive the discount as well as a photo ID that matches the name on the boarding pass.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.