Miles Away: Making the Most of Maui With World Traveler Zane Lamprey
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Zane’s traveled to 70 countries — 71, if you count the Vatican — and has starred in a variety of TV and web travel shows, including his latest venture, Four Sheets, which just launched on The BrewDog Network. He’s also visited Maui roughly a dozen times, which certainly makes him an expert.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
As Zane explains, Maui offers a handful of must-see attractions, including the famous (or in some cases, infamous) Road to Hana:
“The interesting thing about the Road to Hana is not necessarily the road to Hana, it’s also the road from Hana. It’s a long, windy road, you’re gonna get behind someone going, 15 miles an hour. You can’t pass ’em, because it’s too windy. Once you get there, it’s worth it. The water falls, it’s beautiful, it’s amazing, but then you have to come back again. It is a lot of work, but it’s amazing. There’s places to stop along the way. It’s something everyone should do.”
Join Zane on Instagram and Twitter to follow his travels, and check out his gear collection over at Adv3nture.com.
Featured photo by Xuan Che via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees