Summer Is in Full Swing at Melbourne Airport’s Reopened Beer Garden
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here in New York City, inches of snow have indicated that winter is upon us. Over in Australia, though, Melbourne Airport (MEL) is breaking out the lawn chairs to ring in summer’s arrival.
The airport has reopened its collaboration with Stomping Ground Beer Company to bring travelers a beer garden located between terminals 3 and 4 (Terminal 3½). And for those who maybe aren’t interested in getting drunk at 10am when the garden first starts pouring, the restaurant also serves local coffee and food from some of Melbourne’s best food trucks.
The beer garden is open on weekdays starting at 7:30am and serves Stomping Ground Beer Company products from 10am on, including “12 of [Stomping Grounds’] beers on tap, along with Victorian wines, ciders and locally-produced soft drinks.” Proud Mary coffee is also available in case you’re in need of a caffeine kick.
Locals have said that there’s no better way to represent Melbourne than this spacious, now-grassy portion of Terminal 3½. In fact, Andrew Gardiner, the chief of retail at Melbourne Airport, relayed that beyond the spot-on incorporation of draft beer and food trucks, the entire ambience is reminiscent of Melbourne culture. “. . . Throw into the mix bright art and major sporting events and you get all of the best elements of our city in the one place, which makes T3½ so appealing,” Gardiner said.
All the cool art that Gardiner was referencing came from local illustrator and muralist Justine McAllister who helped to design the destination. She commented that she wanted to make the environment simultaneously friendly, yet edgy.
The beer garden also includes a few convenient aspects for the ease of flyers, like its proximity to domestic terminals and flight information screens.
Travelers enjoyed the beer garden when it was open back in January. The picture tweeted below shows just how Melbourne Airport was able to make an airport feel like a chill outdoor experience. “Cute beer garden between T3 and T4 at Melbourne Airport,” the tweet reads. “The name speaks for itself.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees