Here’s how you could win a year of free travel on megabus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s better: finding a golden ticket and winning a trip to a chocolate factory or finding a golden ticket and winning a year of free travel aboard megabus? If you’re a fan of the latter then we’ve got good news for you.
From Nov. 4 – 22, megabus will be hiding 100 golden tickets aboard megabuses across the country. If you’re one of the lucky hundred to find a ticket, you win free travel for an entire year. In order to enter the contest, you’ll have to snap a selfie with the ticket and submit it to one of the megabus social accounts. After that, you’ll have to send a direct message to the account sharing your bus reservation number and the unique number displayed on the ticket.
Megabus certainly isn’t the most luxurious mode of transportation, but it does give you great bang for your buck. If you time it right, you can even grab a ticket for as low as $1 one-way. It’s perfect for when you’re trying to plan a low-cost, last-minute trip but are low on points and miles.
It’s also a rather efficient way to travel: the megabus was only an hour longer than the Amtrak Northeast Regional train on our race from NYC to DC. However, the price difference was nearly $75! That’s $75 more dollars you could put toward your getaway activities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.