Here’s how you could win a year of free travel on megabus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s better: finding a golden ticket and winning a trip to a chocolate factory or finding a golden ticket and winning a year of free travel aboard megabus? If you’re a fan of the latter then we’ve got good news for you.
From Nov. 4 – 22, megabus will be hiding 100 golden tickets aboard megabuses across the country. If you’re one of the lucky hundred to find a ticket, you win free travel for an entire year. In order to enter the contest, you’ll have to snap a selfie with the ticket and submit it to one of the megabus social accounts. After that, you’ll have to send a direct message to the account sharing your bus reservation number and the unique number displayed on the ticket.
Megabus certainly isn’t the most luxurious mode of transportation, but it does give you great bang for your buck. If you time it right, you can even grab a ticket for as low as $1 one-way. It’s perfect for when you’re trying to plan a low-cost, last-minute trip but are low on points and miles.
It’s also a rather efficient way to travel: the megabus was only an hour longer than the Amtrak Northeast Regional train on our race from NYC to DC. However, the price difference was nearly $75! That’s $75 more dollars you could put toward your getaway activities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees