SPG Website Now Offline Ahead of Program Merger
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, we can’t say we didn’t see this one coming — as promised and reiterated a handful of times over the past few days and weeks, Marriott has begun to take its loyalty program and booking platforms offline for Saturday’s scheduled program merger.
The SPG.com website currently shows a splash page indicating that there is an “Upgrade in progress,” and neither cash nor points bookings are available.
Expect the chain’s various websites and apps to be unavailable off and on throughout the day, with call center agents unable to access their systems intermittently as well. According to a report published on Frequent Miler, paid bookings may be available again as early as 9:30am Eastern Time, with awards back online beginning at 2:00pm, though that’s of course subject to change.
Since booking your next Marriott hotel stay is currently out of the question, I’d like to suggest some TPG-themed alternatives to keep you busy on this otherwise ordinary summer Saturday. Perhaps you’d like to…
- Narrow down your list of Marriott hotels to book once the sites are back online
- Catch up on the latest non-Marriott news
- Read some of our fine economy, business and first-class reviews
- Join Mommy Points and explore the ins and outs of family travel
- Peruse some of the latest paid and award flight deals
- Click through our library of thrilling travel-related video content
Otherwise, let’s all sit tight together, and get excited about all the great perks and redemptions to come. We’ll let you know when things are back up and running.
Feature photo by Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.