SPG Website Now Offline Ahead of Program Merger
Well, we can't say we didn't see this one coming — as promised and reiterated a handful of times over the past few days and weeks, Marriott has begun to take its loyalty program and booking platforms offline for Saturday's scheduled program merger.
The SPG.com website currently shows a splash page indicating that there is an "Upgrade in progress," and neither cash nor points bookings are available.
Expect the chain's various websites and apps to be unavailable off and on throughout the day, with call center agents unable to access their systems intermittently as well. According to a report published on Frequent Miler, paid bookings may be available again as early as 9:30am Eastern Time, with awards back online beginning at 2:00pm, though that's of course subject to change.
Since booking your next Marriott hotel stay is currently out of the question, I'd like to suggest some TPG-themed alternatives to keep you busy on this otherwise ordinary summer Saturday. Perhaps you'd like to...
- Narrow down your list of Marriott hotels to book once the sites are back online
- Catch up on the latest non-Marriott news
- Read some of our fine economy, business and first-class reviews
- Join Mommy Points and explore the ins and outs of family travel
- Peruse some of the latest paid and award flight deals
- Click through our library of thrilling travel-related video content
Otherwise, let's all sit tight together, and get excited about all the great perks and redemptions to come. We'll let you know when things are back up and running.
Feature photo by Shutterstock.com