SPG Website Now Offline Ahead of Program Merger
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, we can’t say we didn’t see this one coming — as promised and reiterated a handful of times over the past few days and weeks, Marriott has begun to take its loyalty program and booking platforms offline for Saturday’s scheduled program merger.
The SPG.com website currently shows a splash page indicating that there is an “Upgrade in progress,” and neither cash nor points bookings are available.
Expect the chain’s various websites and apps to be unavailable off and on throughout the day, with call center agents unable to access their systems intermittently as well. According to a report published on Frequent Miler, paid bookings may be available again as early as 9:30am Eastern Time, with awards back online beginning at 2:00pm, though that’s of course subject to change.
Since booking your next Marriott hotel stay is currently out of the question, I’d like to suggest some TPG-themed alternatives to keep you busy on this otherwise ordinary summer Saturday. Perhaps you’d like to…
- Narrow down your list of Marriott hotels to book once the sites are back online
- Catch up on the latest non-Marriott news
- Read some of our fine economy, business and first-class reviews
- Join Mommy Points and explore the ins and outs of family travel
- Peruse some of the latest paid and award flight deals
- Click through our library of thrilling travel-related video content
Otherwise, let’s all sit tight together, and get excited about all the great perks and redemptions to come. We’ll let you know when things are back up and running.
Feature photo by Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees