Instead of free nights, Marriott is again offering a chance to use points for experiences
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Bonvoy members can again use points for experiences that range from concerts to culinary and sporting events and beyond via its relaunched Marriott Bonvoy Moments program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The “pinch-yourself experiences” that you can’t always unlock on your own include access to NFL Kickoff 2021, walking the red carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards and a custom wedding gown designed by Justin Alexander.
“Launching today, Marriott Bonvoy’s new offering of mind-expanding, money-can’t-buy Moments with both new and long-standing collaborators aims to serve as a vehicle for travelers to discover the world around them and be forever transformed by the places, experiences and people encountered along the way,” the company said in a press release. “Marriott Bonvoy Moments span a wide variety of passions, from sports to culinary, and from music to professional development and more.”
To participate in Moments, Bonvoy members can either redeem their points on fixed-price experiences or bid on experiences through auctions.
Read more: Ultimate guide to Marriott Bonvoy Moments
The program will feature both virtual and in-person events, including:
- Exclusive access to the NFL’s Kickoff celebrations, including the NFL’s Kickoff Eve Party and VIP Concert Viewing Party before the opening game on Sept. 9.
- Tennis practice with Andy Roddick at the 2021 Laver Cup in Boston.
- A VIP weekend pass to the Firefly Music Festival in Dover, Delaware, featuring access to the front row and artist lounges with private bars and complimentary snacks, along with a tent for glamping.
- Reservations at sought-out restaurants, including Thomas Keller’s Per Se (New York City) and The French Laundry (Yountville, California), Enrique Olvera’s Pujol (Mexico City) and Stephanie Izard’s Girl & the Goat (Los Angeles). Some packages also include a private dinner with the chef.
- An invitation to see Alice + Olivia’s spring 2022 collection at New York Fashion Week.
Unlike in the past when there was usually a healthy mix of experiences available for bidding and some at a fixed points price, currently, the available experiences lean more into the variable bidding structure. That does make the program a bit harder to utilize in some ways, so we hope to see more fixed-price items return to the lineup in the future.
While some of these experiences may well be “priceless,” TPG values Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.8 cents each, so keep in mind your own valuations as you decide whether or not a package is worth it for you.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees