This week only: Save 15% on Marriott Bonvoy eGift cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that hotels have been dramatically affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
On Marriott’s Q1 earnings call in May, we learned that occupancy had been at 20% in North America at limited-service hotels and that roughly 25% of Marriott hotels worldwide were temporarily closed (at the time).
As a result, Marriott has been trying to generate cash and entice people to stay this summer, including a sale on homes and villas, bonuses on buying points and discounts on gift cards. And today, the program is back with a new sale when you purchase eGift cards — which can be a great way to save on an upcoming stay.
Here are the details for this new promotion.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Get 15% off Marriott gift cards
Starting today and running through Friday, July 24, U.S. and Canadian residents can save 15% when they purchase Marriott eGift cards online. These discounted offers come in five denominations:
- $50 gift cards for $42.50
- $100 gift cards for $85
- $250 gift cards for $212.50
- $500 gift cards for $425
- $1,000 gift cards for $850
To purchase one of these discounted eGift cards, head to this page and select the one you want. Note that the discount won’t initially appear when you click on it. Instead, you’ll need to add it to your cart and begin the checkout process. The final page will display the discount before finalizing the purchase:
Marriott gift cards are issued in U.S. dollars and never expire, so grabbing one of these now could be a nice way to save on a future stay — even if you’re not planning to travel for a while. Just note that it could take up to 15 days to receive the gift card, and you’re limited to $5,000 per credit card per day. However, you can purchase these cards for others — so this discount could be a nice way to surprise a loved one for a future trip.
Purchasing Marriott gift cards does count as a Marriott purchase, so you’d be eligible for bonus points on cards like the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card (up to 17x Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels) as well as non-Marriott cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x Ultimate Rewards points) and Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x Ultimate Rewards points).
Marriott has also taken several other steps during the pandemic to support members, including extending elite status, depositing bonus elite-night credits into members’ accounts and taking notable steps to ensure rooms are clean. You can also currently earn bonus points on select cobranded Chase credit cards for purchases at gas stations and restaurants.
The array of summer offers continues, as companies work to incentivize travelers to dip their toes back in the water and bring in some much-needed dollars. Just remember that many countries and states continue to impose restrictions on travel, so a discount like this should be used for longer-term plans. If you want 15% off Marriott eGift cards, be sure and act quickly, as the discount ends on Friday, July 24.
Featured photo by Summer Hull / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees