Save up to $150 on Marriott stays with new Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Premium credit cards with pricey annual fees can offer you plenty of benefits, but it’s up to you to make sure you’re squeezing that value out of these cards.
With recent increases in annual fees, certain American Express cards can be even more expensive to hold onto. One of the best ways to defray annual fees is Amex Offers, which give you bonus points or cash back after spending a certain amount at a specific retailer.
Right now, American Express is offering a set of new widely available Amex Offers that can help you save money on your next hotel stay. Specifically, we’re seeing two interesting Marriott Amex Offers: one for luxury brands and one for the rest of the Marriott portfolio. Let’s take a closer look.
Marriott Amex Offers
These two offers will save me up to $150 on future Marriott stays. The first offer is for $100 off a purchase of $500 or more at select Marriott luxury brands. This Amex Offer is valid at stays in participating The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Edition, Luxury Collection, W and JW Marriott properties in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
The second offer is for $50 off a purchase of $250 or more at participating properties at all other Marriott brands in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Do note that it excludes properties covered by the previous Amex Offer, so you can’t stack the two on a single reservation.
These offers are valid for charges through the end of June. It’s important to note that the offer is triggered by a charge to your credit card, not the actual dates of your stay. That means if you check in on June 30, 2022, but your card isn’t charged until sometime in July when you check out, you would not qualify for the offer.
As a data point, I was targeted for both offers on my American Express® Gold Card, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Cards, but you might find them on different cards too.
It’s important to note that American Express generally only allows you to earn these offers on one American Express card per account holder (including authorized users). While you may be able to add an offer to multiple American Express cards in some cases, you’re likely to find that American Express will claw back the cash if you redeem the offer more than once.
If Marriott is in your plans this spring, you could earn $150 across two separate stays using these Amex Offers.
If you take only one thing from this story, you should always add offers like this to one of your American Express cards when they come up. Maybe you don’t have a Marriott stay in your plans right now, but plans change. You’d hate to forget about an offer like this only to need it a couple of months down the road.
It’s free to add an Amex Offer to your card, so click on as many as you think are relevant. In some cases, you’ll actually be targeted for more than 100 Amex Offers. However, American Express will only show you 100 offers at a time. By adding a few offers to your account, you may actually find something even better hiding in plain sight.
Additional reporting by Andrew Kunesh.
Feature photo by Kyle Olsen/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees