Earn up to 4,000 Bonvoy points per stay with new Marriott promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Bonvoy is launching a new promotion later this month offering up to 4,000 points per stay.
From Sept. 21 to Dec. 15, the hotel loyalty program will provide a bonus of 2,000 reward points per stay or 4,000 points if you have a Marriott cobranded credit card.
During this 86-day promotion period, you can benefit from the offer an unlimited number of times. This means you can earn as many points as you’re physically (and financially) able to until Dec. 15.
There is a catch, however: You cannot start earning those points until your second Marriott stay. (Note: We’re talking about entire stays here, not nights.)
In other words, you will have to book one stay at a Marriott hotel between now and the start of the festive season to unlock the offer, then at least one more before Dec. 15 to cash in on the bonus points.
How can I register for this promotion?
You must register your stay via this link in advance, no later than Dec. 1.
If you have an existing booking, it still counts, so there’s no need to rebook. However, you do need to ensure you have registered for the promotion before your stay. Reward bookings do not count.
How much are the points worth?
Based on our most recent valuation, one Marriott Bonvoy point is worth 0.84 cents. That means 2,000 points will effectively be worth $16.80. Paired with a cobranded credit card, this bonus would become 4,000 points; this would be worth roughly $33 plus the additional points you could earn for spending with the card.
As far as offers go, it’s not a huge bonus, but it’s better than no bonus at all. Plus, it’s an easy one to benefit from if you already have stays booked or if you’re a Marriott Bonvoy regular.
If you’re a Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis kind of Marriott traveler, 2,000 points (or even 4,000 with a cobranded credit card) is barely a drop in the ocean of cash you’re already spending on your stay. For instance, one night in the deluxe guest room at the five-star St. Regis Rome this October costs about $1,150, earning as many as 20,125 points if you have Titanium Elite status.
So, this deal is better suited to travelers staying at Marriott Bonvoy’s Select band of hotels. At its Courtyard or Four Points properties, double rooms regularly sell for under $200 per night in many cities if you’re looking for value back against your expenditure.
While not the most generous offer, earning up to 4,000 bonus points per stay is better than nothing. As always, we recommend registering for the promotion even if you don’t have any Marriott stays booked. You never know when a last-minute work or personal trip will come up.
Additional reporting by Andrew Kunesh.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per calendar year; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- Updated $120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express® Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
- Choose the color that suits your style. Gold or Rose Gold.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees