Man in Underwear Runs Onto ATL Tarmac, Jumps on Plane’s Wing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, a man at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) stripped down to his underwear, climbed over the airport’s fence into a restricted area and ran onto the tarmac before jumping onto an aircraft wing and banging on windows.
The 19-year-old man, Jhryin Jones, was arrested for criminal trespassing, public indecency and obstruction of law enforcement officers.
“He approached an aircraft, jumped on the wing and began to pound on the windows,” a spokeswoman for the Atlanta Police Department told Reuters. “Five minutes later, he was taken into custody without incident.”
Passenger videos from inside the aircraft scaled by Jones show the nearly naked man walking around erratically while he seems to yell at passengers and talk to himself.
Witnesses on the plane told Atlanta’s 11Alive News that the Delta flight had just arrived at ATL from Miami (MIA) when the incident occurred. The passengers said that the man tried to climb inside the emergency exit from the plane’s wing, but flyers seated in the exit row were able to hold the door closed.
The FAA said it shutdown one of ATL’s runways due to the incident. Airport officials directed planes to other runways so law enforcement could assess the situation. The airport tweeted that there was no affect on operations.
— Atlanta Airport (@ATLairport) June 26, 2018
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.