This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, a man at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) stripped down to his underwear, climbed over the airport’s fence into a restricted area and ran onto the tarmac before jumping onto an aircraft wing and banging on windows.
The 19-year-old man, Jhryin Jones, was arrested for criminal trespassing, public indecency and obstruction of law enforcement officers.
“He approached an aircraft, jumped on the wing and began to pound on the windows,” a spokeswoman for the Atlanta Police Department told Reuters. “Five minutes later, he was taken into custody without incident.”
Passenger videos from inside the aircraft scaled by Jones show the nearly naked man walking around erratically while he seems to yell at passengers and talk to himself.
Witnesses on the plane told Atlanta’s 11Alive News that the Delta flight had just arrived at ATL from Miami (MIA) when the incident occurred. The passengers said that the man tried to climb inside the emergency exit from the plane’s wing, but flyers seated in the exit row were able to hold the door closed.
The FAA said it shutdown one of ATL’s runways due to the incident. Airport officials directed planes to other runways so law enforcement could assess the situation. The airport tweeted that there was no affect on operations.
— Atlanta Airport (@ATLairport) June 26, 2018
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees