Man in Underwear Runs Onto ATL Tarmac, Jumps on Plane’s Wing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, a man at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) stripped down to his underwear, climbed over the airport’s fence into a restricted area and ran onto the tarmac before jumping onto an aircraft wing and banging on windows.
The 19-year-old man, Jhryin Jones, was arrested for criminal trespassing, public indecency and obstruction of law enforcement officers.
“He approached an aircraft, jumped on the wing and began to pound on the windows,” a spokeswoman for the Atlanta Police Department told Reuters. “Five minutes later, he was taken into custody without incident.”
Passenger videos from inside the aircraft scaled by Jones show the nearly naked man walking around erratically while he seems to yell at passengers and talk to himself.
Witnesses on the plane told Atlanta’s 11Alive News that the Delta flight had just arrived at ATL from Miami (MIA) when the incident occurred. The passengers said that the man tried to climb inside the emergency exit from the plane’s wing, but flyers seated in the exit row were able to hold the door closed.
The FAA said it shutdown one of ATL’s runways due to the incident. Airport officials directed planes to other runways so law enforcement could assess the situation. The airport tweeted that there was no affect on operations.
— Atlanta Airport (@ATLairport) June 26, 2018
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees