This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, a man at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) stripped down to his underwear, climbed over the airport’s fence into a restricted area and ran onto the tarmac before jumping onto an aircraft wing and banging on windows.
The 19-year-old man, Jhryin Jones, was arrested for criminal trespassing, public indecency and obstruction of law enforcement officers.
“He approached an aircraft, jumped on the wing and began to pound on the windows,” a spokeswoman for the Atlanta Police Department told Reuters. “Five minutes later, he was taken into custody without incident.”
Passenger videos from inside the aircraft scaled by Jones show the nearly naked man walking around erratically while he seems to yell at passengers and talk to himself.
Witnesses on the plane told Atlanta’s 11Alive News that the Delta flight had just arrived at ATL from Miami (MIA) when the incident occurred. The passengers said that the man tried to climb inside the emergency exit from the plane’s wing, but flyers seated in the exit row were able to hold the door closed.
The FAA said it shutdown one of ATL’s runways due to the incident. Airport officials directed planes to other runways so law enforcement could assess the situation. The airport tweeted that there was no affect on operations.
— Atlanta Airport (@ATLairport) June 26, 2018
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards